Which Rifle build for Spot and Stalk Colorado Hunting

Which Rifle build for Spot and Stalk Colorado Hunting

• Total voters
Is that a 6.5 creed 20” ? I’m picking one up tomorrow. What ammo are you using or are you reloading? That’s a sweet rifle I can’t wait to get it.
I went .308 shooting 178gr ELD-X. I'm just a fan of the .30 cal bullet. I own a CA Mesa in 6.5 and that gun loves the 143gr ELD-X. That's where I would start! It's such a joy toting it around, I every so often reach back to make sure it's still there lol

Jbehredt

WKR
I went .308 shooting 178gr ELD-X. I'm just a fan of the .30 cal bullet. I own a CA Mesa in 6.5 and that gun loves the 143gr ELD-X. That's where I would start! It's such a joy toting it around, I every so often reach back to make sure it's still there lol

Factory loads or home brew?

ETA: Care to share the details on rings/ bases? I’m loving the entire setup.

Last edited:
Factory loads or home brew?

ETA: Care to share the details on rings/ bases? I’m loving the entire setup.
Shooting ammunition from Exact Custom Ammo located near my hometown in PA. Kent makes some fine ammunition. As far as scope I went with a VX-5 zl2 2-10x42 and using leupold backcountry base/ring combo. The gun didn't have any problems with factory precision hunter either, but I love Kent's ammunition. Check his stuff out!

brushape

WKR
My only thing with the Tikka is as far as I know they're all long actions. If I go long action I'm getting a long action caliber. The whole concept of the 6.5 PRC is to perform at 3150fps out of a short action and push a high BC bullet. I like the MPR but in 6.5 PRC it only comes in a 24" barrel. I think that rifle weighs 8.3 lbs

Prc won’t function in a normal “short” action the tikkas mid length action is ideal for the prc or any of the saum, wsm family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk