Which rings/base - Tikka T3x/Nightforce ATACR

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I recently pulled the trigger on a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 that I plan to use for hunting and learning long range shooting. I am going to buy a Tikka T3x in 6.5 CM to go along with it and now I just need to decide what parts to get to mount the scope to the rifle.

I would like to shoot out to 1000 yards with this setup, any advice on the base/rings I should go with? I figure after spending the money to buy a scope that’s incredibly reliable I want to make sure the mounting setup I go with is reliable as well.

skierhs

WKR
That kinda depends on your price range. On some rigs I have a spurh mount($450 just for the mount). They sell the same mount with less options for $240. I also have used nightforce rings ($120 I think,been while since I bought those) and have loved them as well. Does your rail have any cant in it? That would affect your decision as well.

OP
S

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
That kinda depends on your price range. On some rigs I have a spurh mount($450 just for the mount). They sell the same mount with less options for $240. I also have used nightforce rings ($120 I think,been while since I bought those) and have loved them as well. Does your rail have any cant in it? That would affect your decision as well.

I don’t have the rifle yet but I’m looking at a basic Tikka T3x so I need the base as well unless I get direct mount rings or something.

skierhs

WKR
Gotcha, you’ll probably want 20 moa of cant. You won’t need it to make a 1000 yards(top of the head math) but it’ll let you stretch it out a little further and still be able to dial.

mt100gr.

WKR
Are you trying to go lightweight on parts (other than the atacr )?

I have a steel T3/T3x rail from mountain tactical I would sell if you aren't to concerned about weight. Its heavier than the aluminum options, obviously, but their elite series rails are about as solid as anything on a Tikka. It's a 20moa rail.

Rob5589

WKR
Mountain Tactical 20 moa base and Seekins rings would be a great combo. I run that base on my T3 with Warne rings but have used several sets of Seekins rings and they are top notch.

OP
S

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
Are you trying to go lightweight on parts (other than the atacr )?

I have a steel T3/T3x rail from mountain tactical I would sell if you aren't to concerned about weight. Its heavier than the aluminum options, obviously, but their elite series rails are about as solid as anything on a Tikka. It's a 20moa rail.

I was going to keep things lighter weight but it’s not a huge deal to me, this isn’t a mountain gun. I can’t imagine the steel rail would weigh that much more anyways.

OP
S

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
Mountain Tactical 20 moa base and Seekins rings would be a great combo. I run that base on my T3 with Warne rings but have used several sets of Seekins rings and they are top notch.

I have Seekins rings on my current bolt gun and that was my first thought for this one but I figured I’d see if there was something else I was missing. Might have to do the combo you mentioned.

Wrongside

WKR
I recently pulled the trigger on a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 that I plan to use for hunting and learning long range shooting. I am going to buy a Tikka T3x in 6.5 CM to go along with it and now I just need to decide what parts to get to mount the scope to the rifle.

I would like to shoot out to 1000 yards with this setup, any advice on the base/rings I should go with? I figure after spending the money to buy a scope that’s incredibly reliable I want to make sure the mounting setup I go with is reliable as well.
I set up my T3x 6.5CM with a EGW 20MOA rail and Burris ETR Sigs w/ an additional 20 in the inserts. The only thing I'd change, is to go with a Mountain Tac rail. And even then, only for the recoil lug/pin.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
A steel rail of the same make can be double the weight of an aluminum of the same make, say 8 ish oz vs 4 oz. Steel rings are almost double the aluminum rings. I would get a 20 MOA base.

Farrell Industries makes really good bases and rings. There bases are taller than most bases. This allows you to use shorter rings. They have an aluminum base for Tikka and there aluminum rings are top quality.

NF also has a nice aluminum base for a Tikka, and their U/L rings are super nice as well. The NF set up is a few oz lighter than the Farrell, if that matters.

I ran that same scope on a Tikka with the Farrell set up. I am running a March on one now with the NF set up. Both good to go.

maca

FNG
Sorry for bringing up an old thread…
which is the correct Spurh mount for a T3x with a 0moa rail, nx8 2.5-20x50mm?

Sorry for bringing up an old thread…
which is the correct Spurh mount for a T3x with a 0moa rail, nx8 2.5-20x50mm?

The 1.18” height would clear that no problem on a pic rail. Personally I’d look at their new hunting line of mounts if you don’t need all of the features of their standard mount as it’s about half the weight. They make picatinny models as well as a model for the Tikka dovetail. I recently got one of the picatinny models.