which scope should I use/sell

Blaw

WKR
wanting to sell a scope, having a tough time

I have a 223 t3x 90% of the time target shooting, maybe coyotes at some point?
and a 6.5 creed t3x hunting rifle

I have a 6x swfa (keeping for sure)
10x swfa
3-12 LRHS

debating between selling 10x and LRHS

really like the SWFA reticle. thinking the 10x on hunting rifle....I plan on sitting across canyons, or cuts....I can look through it with both eyes open to get onto closer targets, then close the one to focus for under 100yrd shots if that is what happens. But the variable is best of both worlds? not sure if needed tho. fixed is also one less thing to fiddle with

input on people who have actually used the 10x for hunting would be outstanding. I hunt in the rockies/foothills of alberta

shots would be be 75 to 400yrds max

prm

WKR
On this I’m sure you’ll get every possible response.

For hunting, I’d personally keep the 3-12. Though I’ve not hunted with a 10x, I’ve never left a variable on 10x while hunting. If an animal popped up somewhat close and was moving it would be much harder to find in a 10x. I prefer options. I could, and have, hunted with 6x and that works fine. If you are truly only hunting at distances then I guess the 10x would be fine.

On the other side of the coin, if you are practicing with the 6x, staying with the 10x and having the same reticle on your hunting scope has merit. Though going between 6x and 10x diminishes that a bit.

And for the suggestion you did not ask for, sell all three, put a 3-9 HD SS on both. Win-win.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
On this I’m sure you’ll get every possible response.

For hunting, I’d personally keep the 3-12. Though I’ve not hunted with a 10x, I’ve never left a variable on 10x while hunting. If an animal popped up somewhat close and was moving it would be much harder to find in a 10x. I prefer options. I could, and have, hunted with 6x and that works fine. If you are truly only hunting at distances then I guess the 10x would be fine.

On the other side of the coin, if you are practicing with the 6x, staying with the 10x and having the same reticle on your hunting scope has merit. Though going between 6x and 10x diminishes that a bit.

And for the suggestion you did not ask for, sell all three, put a 3-9 HD SS on both. Win-win.
if I could get the 3-9 in canada I would in a heartbeat!

good points, I guess I could always take the 10x and put it on the 223 for practice and put the 6x on the hunting rifle as well...1st world problems :(