Which SG backpack do you use?

Yates

FNG
I currently have an Outdoorsman Optics Hunter and looking to upgrade to an EXO or SG and leaning towards the SG, with the many bags available, for a 5-7 day trip, which bag do you guys prefer or have had good experiences. Thanks for the feedback.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I’m using the Sky Archer w/ lid. I’ve got no complaints, I will say I bought some pullouts to organize different items.

Been a good investment as far as I’m concerned

HZJ73

FNG
All SG bags are great.

I chose the Solo on a Krux Frame. I'm short with a flat back. The Xcurve is the better choice for most, though.

Solo is 3300ci. Hydro Lid is another 500.

More than plenty for a 7 day outing if your gear is dialed in.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
I'm using a sky talus 6900 with the Xcurve frame. Used the pack for a few years of guiding and it was able to accommodate 7 days worth of gear fairly easily.

X-curve frame (have tried both) and 6200. I think they replaced the 6200 with the 6400 but either way I’m low key trying to go bigger. 6200 is enough room but I want to be able to throw shit in there willy nilly if I don’t feel like playing Tetris

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Guide 7900, xcurve frame.

I like the 6900 layout a bit better but I wanted a big bag, I really prefer to have more room since those SG bags cinch down so well.

I havnt used it extensively yet but it seems to be about the ultimate mountain hunting pack for me.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
Older Krux frame and older 6200? bag.

Newer X-curve frame I changed to Krux stays and a Kifaru AMR.

Los4212

FNG
I run the sky Talus 6900 with lid and it works great for everything. When I want to run a day bag, I take the main bag off and run the lid with the access bag and it works fantastic. There are limitless set ups due to all the straps and configurations you can affix them in. SG are an incredible company to work with as well. Super nice guys. I had a strap buckle break after a hard hunt, no questions asked, easy warranty exchange. Buy once, cry once...and remember, you can always collapse it down into bivy mode if it's too much bag, you cant add more space once its bought. Order one size bigger than you think you'll need IMO

seww

WKR
I got a hold on the Evo 40/56 with a lid and on the Krux frame. No complaints, but haven't used it much. Belt a bit too big I reckon, got a large but I think I need to find a medium as I'm working on losing some weight.

I like the simplicity, just a bag with a hole. Don't need anything else, and it saves weight. The expandability is awesome! I can go from 4000 cu in to almost 6000 I believe in a jiffy. Really cinches down for a dayback.

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
I have an X-Curve frame with the 5900. It's awesome. I've packed for 7 days and my gear is hit and miss "ultra light...ultra small". I also use it for a day pack...it packs down small.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I run the sky Talus 6900 with lid and it works great for everything. When I want to run a day bag, I take the main bag off and run the lid with the access bag and it works fantastic. There are limitless set ups due to all the straps and configurations you can affix them in. SG are an incredible company to work with as well. Super nice guys. I had a strap buckle break after a hard hunt, no questions asked, easy warranty exchange. Buy once, cry once...and remember, you can always collapse it down into bivy mode if it's too much bag, you cant add more space once its bought. Order one size bigger than you think you'll need IMO
Ditto