Which shotgun case to fly with.

Damartin95

Lil-Rokslider
I'm flying to a duck hunt at the end of this month. Only going for a few days but the essentials add up. I've got three options to fly with my benelli. I'm flying out with Southwest which allows two checked bags for free but flying back with American and would have to pay for a second bag.
1. Fly with it as a second checked bag in my pelican case.
2. Fly with it in the locked factory plastic hard case in my suitcase and pack everything else around it.
3. Put it in my skb double bow case with some other gear and probably end up checking a second bag still.

Fowler530

WKR
I’d plan on checking a second bag. Doesn’t take much to get to the 50lb limit and then they’re hitting you with an overweight charge that’ll probably be more than the second bag fee. Also would recommend using a small—medium size backpack with whatever you can get in it as your carry-on to lessen the weight of your checked bags.

I’ll be flying out this Thursday for a 5 day hunt and will be doing the same. Good luck man, shoot em up!! 🤙

OP
D

Damartin95

Lil-Rokslider
I’d plan on checking a second bag. Doesn’t take much to get to the 50lb limit and then they’re hitting you with an overweight charge that’ll probably be more than the second bag fee. Also would recommend using a small—medium size backpack with whatever you can get in it as your carry-on to lessen the weight of your checked bags.

I’ll be flying out this Thursday for a 5 day hunt and will be doing the same. Good luck man, shoot em up!! 🤙
Good advice. If you don't mind me asking, how many boxes of shells are you bring? It's hard with that 11lb maximum.