Which Shotgun for all things, upland, waterfowl, and clay pigeon?

CHSD

WKR
I am in the market for a new shotgun. I want to buy once, cry once shotgun and would like to be able to take it pheasant hunting, waterfowl hunting and shoot clay pigeons with it. Does anyone have an suggestions? Any reviews on the Berreta a400 vs Benelli M2? Thanks guys for your help.

Been shooting a a400 since they came out shot a 391 for ten years before that. Any of the "B" brand semi autos will work just fine for all. The a400 has no issues cycling dove loads or 3.5 BBs for swan, its hell on the thunder chickens too....

I've been shooting a Benelli SBE for ten years and have no plans to change. My dad has the Berretta and I do not prefer it in any way. It's also my everything shotgun- upland, waterfowl, turkeys. The overall feel and the shell release mechanism are the biggest factors for me.

wseidel

WKR
Take a hard look at the Fabarm 4LS. I was looking a few years back and wanted a well-made, beautifully wood-stocked, semi-auto 12 gauge with 26 inch barrels....but most of all, one that fit me well. After looking and trying a number of shotguns, the Fabarm rose to the top and I've never looked back. Comes with 5 choke tubes, hard case and it's easy to clean/maintain. I went with the Grey Hunter as it is strikingly handsome and befits my age! Hope this helps...

Pretty hard to beat a 12 gauge auto loader... I bought a Franchi a few years ago in soulless black synthetic. As much as I love my doubles, I carry this one most of the time because it's my only gun that shoots steel.
M2's are nice, but you can get 95% of the gun for less than half the price. Biggest thing is to decide if you want auto (gas or not) vs pump vs break open, and then go fondle some.

eamyrick

WKR
Do you know what your approximate length of pull is? A lot of the autoloaders and pumps are 14.25. For clays 15 is much better for me but I still do most of my duck hunting with a 12 gauge Wingmaster. I shoot a beretta onyx for clays and upland hunting. Sometimes 2 options is best.

OP
C

CHSD

WKR
Do you know what your approximate length of pull is? A lot of the autoloaders and pumps are 14.25. For clays 15 is much better for me but I still do most of my duck hunting with a 12 gauge Wingmaster. I shoot a beretta onyx for clays and upland hunting. Sometimes 2 options is best.
I am not sure of my length of pull. I should figure out what that is. I do someday want to get an over/under for clays and upland, but I think I want to use one gun for now so that I can shoot a bunch with one gun and hopefully become proficient with it.

WKR
Franchi Affinity has been very good for all of the above.

87TT

WKR
I shoot trap every Thursday with the same gun I hunt with (turkey, grouse, quail, chucker). I don't waterfowl but if I did, it would be the same. 870 pump 12 ga. I shoot with the sling on. The only thing I change is the choke. @6" bbl and all camo.

MattiG

FNG
I went through a similar decision-making process a few years back and landed on the Benelli Super Vinci. It's not a cheap gun, but it has an unbeatable combination of versatility, simplicity (easiest takedown out there), reliability, weight, and recoil.

I actually can't believe how low the recoil is for how light the gun is. This is especially evident shooting side be side with my brother's Mossberg 500.

Some forum posts suggest it has issues cycling lighter target loads, but that those issues go away over time. I never ran into that problem with 1.125 x 2.75 federal target loads, but I think the issues were with the lighter stuff. I also ran a box or two of 3.5 inch goose rounds first to teach the inertia spring to play nice.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure there are a few other models with many of the same feature/benefits.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

One of the benefits of guiding upland hunts, I see a lot of shotguns. Any of the top end semi autos will serve you well. A lot of guys will take a nice o/u into a duck blind, but not me. I love the Benelli shotguns. I’ve owned a number of Remington and Berettas as well. I shoot the Benelli better. Take some time to get fitted if you can, one of the top end guns will point better for you, buy that one.

Shot an beretta extreme 2 for over ten years, was incredibly reliable, true workhorse. Replaced it with an A400 extreme, so far so good. A400 is a bit lighter and handles a bit easier. Love beretta autoloaders, had a 390 and then a 391 also. Soft shooting and reliable.

I get by with a 20 ga Red Label, for everything......

IMG_5972_zpsbmvnapeo.jpg

IMG_3767_zpsf9a4bfd3.jpg

IMG_1918_zps9a09692f.jpg

IMG_1977_zpsc805ed1e.jpg

IMG_2842_zpsc512f4f3.jpg

IMG_2685_zps2f3909c3.jpg

IMG_0392_zpsugbm2nau.jpg

IMG_9564_zpsrzequ2jc.jpg

IMG_2163_zpstvpqjwrn.jpg

IMG_4222_zpsb38d32de.jpg

Norm555

WKR
You can’t go wrong with a Benelli. I have an SEB2 that has killed a lot birds in the 10+ years I’ve had it. The M2 is great but the SBE3 would let you shoot 3 1/2” shells.

MattiG

FNG
You can’t go wrong with a Benelli. I have an SEB2 that has killed a lot birds in the 10+ years I’ve had it. The M2 is great but the SBE3 would let you shoot 3 1/2” shells.
As will the supervinci.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk