Which sleeping bag ?

TheFool

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going on a guided elk hunt, not until 2023 but I’m in the need of some gear for it. A quality sleeping bag is one...the outfitter is recommending a 0-15 degree bag since our camp is around 10’500. What’s your guys recommendations ? Price isn’t really a issue, more looking for a good quality bag that’ll last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legend

WKR
Western Mountaineering and a good pad (exped down if weight isn't an issue) and you will be set.

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
If "last a while" is on the list consider:

synthetic: Kifaru slick back
down: Stone Glacier

WM makes great bags, but IMO less durable than those two.

Western Mountaineering. Durability? There are 20 year old WM bags on Ebay that are still completely functional. Down outlasts synthetic. And WM is top tier. Grab a zero degree and a 4 season insulated pad. Out of the 6-8 pads I've owned Exped is the most comfortable. Exped SynMat XP 7 wide Insulated is a great combination of weight vs warmth.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Western mountaineering, everlite, versatile & kodiak cover everything I do.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheFool

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys! I’ve been checking out the western mountaineering bags

Maldavis

FNG
Anybody have any experience with Wiggys. Had a friend recommend them. Have yet to try.

Seth

WKR
I have a BA 850 fill goose down bag I’ve used for 10+ years down to the low teens. I’ve used a Kifaru Slick bag for a sheep hunt and now have a WM Badger and couldn’t be happier. Brand is important, but more so look at the specs of what you are actually buying. Quality insulation, good construction, and you’ll likely be happy.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Valandre shocking blue and thermarest neotherm max.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not familiar with Valandre. These ship from France?
I got mine from Moosejaw.com. But yea I think they’re made in France/Belgium.

I was looking at WM/FF and valandre. The shocking blue was on sale at Moosejaw and it was a no brainer.
I’m a bigger guy and really like the extra room in the torso. The foot box is excellent.
The fabric is really nice, and I trust to bring this bag anywhere I’d need to go.

Mosby

WKR
Anybody have any experience with Wiggys. Had a friend recommend them. Have yet to try.

I have a Wiggy's for car camping. Not bad quality but I use a WM Badger for my backpack hunting.

CO-AJ

WKR
I got mine from Moosejaw.com. But yea I think they’re made in France/Belgium.

I was looking at WM/FF and valandre. The shocking blue was on sale at Moosejaw and it was a no brainer.
I’m a bigger guy and really like the extra room in the torso. The foot box is excellent.
The fabric is really nice, and I trust to bring this bag anywhere I’d need to go.
Volandre is a nice bag. On sale is even better.

Reactions: JJJ
A company that doesn't get near enough mention. Montbell. I used a few and then tried a couple WM bags only to sell those and go back to MB. Almost as light as WM but more comfortable IMO.

Reactions: JJJ