Which sleeping pad?

B-Ridge Sledder

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a UGQ xl bandit and a borah bivy coming. Looking to upgrade pads I have a wide BA air core but it time to upgrade. I have a seek silex and redcliff for shelters. Early season I’ll probably run without bivy if bugs arent a issue. I’m stomach and side sleeper and I went crazy in my slick bag so I’m trying the quilt life but know a good pad is important. Looking at a neoair xtherm. Let’s hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Neoair would've been on my list too if I'd have found it at the time, but I ended up getting a StS Comfort Plus locally. So far side-sleeping has been great. Probably can't go wrong with either.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Neoair Xlite in the regular wide size. Mine weighs 15.6 ounces without the stuff sack and has kept me warm into the mid 20s. The R value is a 4.2 and if I am going to be in cold weather I have a CCF I can bring. I will never go back to the regular width pad. I toss and turn and mostly sleep on my side. The Xtherm is nice, it just weighs a few ounces more. If I was camping in 0 degree temps I would have the Xtherm

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you beat the Xtherm as far as weight to warmth ratio, 6.9 r value for a 13 oz pad is crazy. Damn comfortable to boot and they just revised their valve system which makes it better yet.

If you want more room, get the large/wide for another 4-5 oz.

FlyGuy

WKR
I’m a big fan of the sea to summit pads. LOVE the valves! Inflates in like 5 breaths. Deflates immediately. Very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mlgc20

WKR
I have several pads I use with my Katabatic quilt depending on the situation. By far the most comfortable pad is the BA Q-Core SLX. The Thermarest NeoAir is the lightest. The X-Therm is the one for lightweight winter use. And the Exped Downmat 7 is the comfort winter use pad. The Thermarests are great for their weight to R-value ratio. But, I think they are the least comfortable of the pads I’ve tried. I just don’t love the horizontal baffles. I still use them when weight is my primary concern.