Which Spot Hogg sight should I buy?

Hancock

FNG
I recently tried a Spot Hogg for the first time. It was the triple stack on the Fast Eddie frame. I didn’t care for it and sent it back.
Hmmm....... I've been eyeballing the Triple Stack. What about it did you not like?
Was it the Triple Stack housing, or was it the Spot Hogg sight in general?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hmmm....... I've been eyeballing the Triple Stack. What about it did you not like?

I looked at a triple stack last week and I didnt care for it. The reason being is I dont like the targer being obscured by the post. That is the same reason I got rid of my fast eddie double up. Maybe I'm just used to the pro pins from black gold and they are very thin giving me lots of viewing area.

I think the triple stack is a really good hunting sight, but it's not something I'm going to use for precision on dots, unless I'm just floating the top pin the whole time.

Nothing wrong with the sights in general, they are just heavy. But I'd bet they are the most durable out there.

L.M._Rog

FNG
I’ve shot a Spot Hogg for several years in many configurations, from the hunter to the Fast Eddie and now I have the Tommy Hogg Triple Stack. You can’t go wrong with any of them I really like the MRT rings that help get the perfect fit between sight ring and peep alignment. The triple stack takes a bit of getting use to but it’s a great hunting set up. Got mine in June and crawled all over the mountains of Colorado in September snagging it on a ton of deadfall and underbrush while I was there, and not one issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR

I didn’t like the weight, the housing size, the pins weren’t as bright as I’m use to, and it felt cheap to me.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I didn’t like the weight, the housing size, the pins weren’t as bright as I’m use to, and it felt cheap to me.

I agree on the weight they are heavy.

Cheap? I wouldnt say they feel cheap at all. What model were you messing with and care to expand on what felt cheap?

The housing.

So a machined aluminum housing that has micro adjust on the up pins felt cheap?

Wish I lived in your world. I thought for what it was trying to accomplish it was pretty nice.

I'm not a fan of the fast eddie, I don't like the exposed plastic gears as opposed to the tommy/hogg father sights.

But be damned I'd I can find anything cheap about the triple stack.

I'll be the first to admit that it's not the best sight for precision. I purchased it to have a clean sight picture to shoot hunter class in IBO. Didn't work for me that well because after the top pin I couldn't see my over or under on my hold. But for a hunting sight, it's what I'm using. Nice open picture, gets me to 45 with no adjustment, then allows me to dial a top pin for longer shots.

Guess it's different strokes for different pokes.

You can say SH is heavy, expensive, even difficult to adjust.
Cheaply made isn't something I'd classify them as.

Maybe I'm a fanboy and I'm oblivious.

N2TRKYS

WKR
So a machined aluminum housing that has micro adjust on the up pins felt cheap?

Wish I lived in your world. I thought for what it was trying to accomplish it was pretty nice.

I'm not a fan of the fast eddie, I don't like the exposed plastic gears as opposed to the tommy/hogg father sights.

But be damned I'd I can find anything cheap about the triple stack.

I'll be the first to admit that it's not the best sight for precision. I purchased it to have a clean sight picture to shoot hunter class in IBO. Didn't work for me that well because after the top pin I couldn't see my over or under on my hold. But for a hunting sight, it's what I'm using. Nice open picture, gets me to 45 with no adjustment, then allows me to dial a top pin for longer shots.

Guess it's different strokes for different pokes.

You can say SH is heavy, expensive, even difficult to adjust.
Cheaply made isn't something I'd classify them as.

Maybe I'm a fanboy and I'm oblivious.

Happy for you.

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
After years of use of fixed 3, 5 pin Hunters, and 1, 5 pin Tommy Hogg...some with dovetail, some not. I have finally settled on Hunter 7 pin sights for both of my carbon Hoyts. For my uses (elk & 3D) it's the best combination of durability, "light" weight, range (out to 80 yards) and simplicity. Initially I was somewhat reluctant to consider a 7 pin thinking my sight picture would be too cluttered and the odds of using the wrong pin too high, but the concern was unfounded. The only issue I have is deciding what size pins to switch to due to some failing eyesight and too much bloom. Right now I've got the outer fiber optics covered up with gorilla tape which helps but I'm thinking of going to all .010 pins.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the triple stack back in march.. after 6 months it finally came in.. I had some issues with the 3rd axis and still haven't completely set that up. I hunt flat ground here in Texas so at the suggestion of the rep I adjusted my housing to look correct at full draw but haven't tested 3rd axis again at full draw. I've killed 7 animals with it and like the sight..
I agree it takes some getting use to and shooting Dots at longer ranges is tough.. but for hunting I think it's gonna make a great sight.

After years of use of fixed 3, 5 pin Hunters, and 1, 5 pin Tommy Hogg...some with dovetail, some not. I have finally settled on Hunter 7 pin sights for both of my carbon Hoyts. For my uses (elk & 3D) it's the best combination of durability, "light" weight, range (out to 80 yards) and simplicity. Initially I was somewhat reluctant to consider a 7 pin thinking my sight picture would be too cluttered and the odds of using the wrong pin too high, but the concern was unfounded. The only issue I have is deciding what size pins to switch to due to some failing eyesight and too much bloom. Right now I've got the outer fiber optics covered up with gorilla tape which helps but I'm thinking of going to all .010 pins.
I switched to a hogg it 7 pin with all .10 pins this year so far so good. I did put a sight light on for early season when the leaves are all on at first and last light

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk