Which stabilizer ????

Outlaw99

WKR
Finally updated my old Mathews this year and bought a new Prime ct3. Having a hard time deciefiering the difference in all the various Bee Stingers, as well as all the other available stabilizers. This will be for a hunting setup only. Lots of Midwest white tails and some western mountain hunts mixed in. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

big44a4

WKR
Any combo front and side/back bar for if you shooting with quiver. Adjust the weights or add more to make bow balance perfect. Same as changing bar position/angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
Any combo front and side/back bar for if you shooting with quiver. Adjust the weights or add more to make bow balance perfect. Same as changing bar position/angle.

Yep. I'm running the Bee Stinger Elite Quick Detach with a 10" 3oz in front and 8" 7oz in back. Balances very well for me like that, but you will have to find what works for your bow/accessories. I use it for treestand whitetails and spot and stalk open country. The extra weight also holds a little steadier in the wind and makes pulling through the shot a little more stable for me too. I also like that it functions as a kickstand when I lay it on the ground, keeping my cams, rest, and sight out of the dirt. The extra weight takes a little getting used to, but really an extra 3/4 pound isn't all that much, especially if you use a sling, like the Montana Bow Sling.

I’m really liking my TAP stabs. Very thin but with good weight. I would also look at wick sticks.

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
Awesome info and suggestions everyone, great discussion here. Thanks

The main reason for a stabilizer set up, isn't to "balance" the bow in your hand. Although that can certainly help the "feel" of the bow. Stabilization is designed to slow the sight pin movement down for a steadier aim. I sometimes hunt with no stabilizers. Other times I put them on. For me it depends on pin float. I have switched to a crossover stabilizer. The main reason is I personally don't see a benefit to a "front" stabilizer that isn't longer than 12", yet that can be cumbersome in heavy timber areas. Some bows may like the center mass weight of shorter weighted front stabilizers,, but my PSE bows don't need it. So I want weight out front to slow the pin movement, especially at shots over 60 yards. I find the shorter stabilizers help more in deadening the sound and feel, more than steadying the shot.
https://crossoverstabilizer.com/

I’ve tried a bunch of them, but my favorite by far is the Titanium Archery Products (TAP) lineup. The Titanium resonance properties really does make a difference in dampening the higher pitched sound waves, which deer tend to hear more readily. And they’re just an outstanding, well made product, all in the USA.

PredatorX

WKR
Im in the same boat. With the primes you may not even need a side bar stabilizer. These things hold like a rock IMO. I have been kicking around the idea of the quivalizer but not sure about it yet.

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
I ended up going with an AAE Western Hunter. Really like the setup and feel on my CT3. Thanks to all who shared their thoughts

I had a 10 and 12 bee stinger set up with an elite back bar mount. Worked good and looked cool done in preditor camo.

I've got a crossover on my bow now and will sell the bee stinger set up soon.... Or put it in the pile of others I've collected over the years.

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
I’m really liking this setup. Now holds steady and rock solid. A little more overall weight than I’m used to, but it more than makes up for it in stability and accuracy