Which swaro is this?

Lawlu

FNG
Hello,

I have an opportunity to buy these binos, but need to confirm how old and the model...can anyone tell from the pic and are they worth $500?

The guy says they are habichts 7x42b slc ...

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 89

tdbob

FNG
Add 30 to the first 2 numbers in the serial number for year of manufacture.

shaun

WKR
Yes the habichts yes they are selling for more than that on eBay swaro holds there value well

I have this same model. I have been packing mine for 10 years now. I love the wide field of view. $500 sounds like a fair price if they are in good condition. I have been offered more for mine.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The guy says they are habichts 7x42b slc ...

That is what they are, and they are true classics. Excellent low light binocular with a monster 6mm exit pupil!

They also made a porro prism habicht, but these are the roof prism slc model.

A fine binocular, and $500 is a very good deal.

OP
L

Lawlu

FNG
Thanks guys! There is always a wealth of information here. Looks like I will be spending more money.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Lawlu,

Sounds good. Another note: Swarovski Optik North America (SONA) has fantastic customer service. If the binocular has scratched lenses or other damaged parts, it is likely that SONA could repair them for a very reasonable fee, even though you are not the original owner, and outside any warrantee.

OP
L

Lawlu

FNG
Bitterroot,
I picked them up! The coating is breaking down a bit and there seems to be some dried condensation inside one of the objective lenses but you can barely tell when looking through them. Otherwise they sure are nice. I will be sending them into SONA to be repaired and I should have a sweet pair of glasses. Thanks again!