Which Tarp Tent?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've been waiting on some of their models to come back into stock for 2 months. Still waiting. Their Li series tents are made in China now as well as their Stratospire tents. That takes them off the options for me. Love Tarptent and their designs, but I'm not a fan at all of them moving production overseas especially during a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

waer0502

FNG
I have a Notch Li. No complaints and it suits me well. Plenty of room for 1 hunter and all my gear. It's a little tricky getting the pole height and tension setup the first time or two but like many things it becomes a non-issue after a bit. I ditched the short stakes that came with it and went longer. In soft ground the short ones wanted to pull now and then. For rough ground I use shrink window covering for a footprint. Cheap and ultra light.
I've got the Notch Li as well and will be doing the same thing regarding the stakes. And still working through the first few times using it yet, as I haven't perfected the pitch.

ndbuck09

WKR
Been running the Notch Li and I love it! It took September snow last fall here in Idaho extremely well. Love the double vestibules for just myself. I run the large thermarest neoair btw and it fits well.

I've been waiting on some of their models to come back into stock for 2 months. Still waiting. Their Li series tents are made in China now as well as their Stratospire tents. That takes them off the options for me. Love Tarptent and their designs, but I'm not a fan at all of them moving production overseas especially during a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree with you, but decided to purchase anyways. I will say I have owned 3 prior tarptents, but my new double rainbow is much higher quality and was made in china.

I like some headroom and at 3.5lbs, the SS2 suits be fine. All my gear fits inside. Dual walled for any weather with a tough tub, it's perfect.

2014-06-04 12.46.20.jpg

P1010866.JPG

I got mine when they were using the Seattle-based manufacturer years ago. I guess economics caught up with them.