Which Truck Bed Liner?

Carr5vols

WKR
Guys need some opinions good or bad. Which is best for truck bed lining? Carpet, rubber mat, spray in liner, plastic liner, others....it will be under a diamondback cover that mainly holds hunting/camping gear. Couple times a year luggage for trips.

PhlyanPan

FNG
Yep. Spray in with a horse stall rubber pad for me too.

The plastic tray liners can get moisture between them and the bed and rust out without you even knowing it.

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
Def not plastic. I have had linex and rhino. The rhino seems more rubbery and sticky. The linex is a cleaner look and not as thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backyard

WKR
Def spray in. Although a thick mat works well to keep stuff from sliding around also. I've had both and prefer the spray in as you will need to screw the tailgate portion down to keep it in place if you use a mat.
I just picked up a new truck last week and will be getting a spray in very soon FWIW.

Tod osier

WKR
Guys need some opinions good or bad. Which is best for truck bed lining? Carpet, rubber mat, spray in liner, plastic liner, others....it will be under a diamondback cover that mainly holds hunting/camping gear. Couple times a year luggage for trips.

You can put spray in or not, but I would add a rubber mat either way to make it easier on the knees. I have had plastic liners and don't ever need one again.

Wapiti1

WKR
I went bedrug on this truck. Had spray in on the last truck with a rubber matt. Prefer the rug. Easy on the knees, things don't move, but are not stuck to the floor either. Meaning, they stay put, but I don't have to get in the back to slide them to the tailgate. Very easy on the knees, and remarkably easy to keep clean.

Not sure on durability. So far, so good for the 3 years I have had it, but I'm not tough on my truck bed.

Jeremy

Randle

WKR
I am going to spray my own liner in , my son does alot of his own and they hold up well. Then I will put my rubber mat on top of that.

Definitely spray in, as mentioned above we had a plastic liner one that trapped water and rusted bed.
And I like the heavy rubber mat too, but I would only use mat over a spray in liner if bed is exposed. I had a mat briefly in a unlined bed ( it kept the dog from sliding around) but the mat also trapped water and I had some surface rust under it. Matt on top of spray in liner works well.

stonewall

WKR
I went with bedrug under my topper. Very happy with it. Summer will be one year. Purpose is for hunting. Have carried luggage on family trips. Had some hay in there the other day for cows. Sort of tried to vacuum it up but need to try harder. I should have put something down before the hay. But supposedly you can take it out and wash it well. I’ll probably never go through all that trouble. Keep an eye on AutoAnything.com for a deal

Brent111368

Lil-Rokslider
Line-X and forget about it. I got their Premium spray liner the last time, supposed to be more resilient against the sun and fading. I would say so, still looks brand new. Think it was another $50. Really nice liner. and as other have said, plastic liners suck!

Grumman

WKR
I went with a BedRug and it has met my needs. I liked that it was cheaper than a spray in and I could install it myself. My experience with the company’s customer service sucked though.

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the bed rug. That thing is dirt cheap and as said, saves the knees. Mine is over a spray in liner.

Rob5589

WKR
Mine has spray in but I just ordered a Leer shell so am going to add Bedrug to the floor. Bedrug is amazing, durable, easy to clean, easy to work with.

If you are doing a diamondback and leaving it on the truck I'd use a bedrug. If removing it any and doing anything that might damage the bed paint put a linex or bullet in it. Only problem with the bedrug is how it traps stuff like hay. But it's great under a topper.

I've had the thick rubber mat for my last three trucks - no spray in underneath. I really like being able to pull out the mat and wash the bed out easily. I had a spray in once and they are tougher to wash blood off of. My tailgate is not protected but the scratches there don't bother me. My truck is a '15 F-150 right now with the aluminum body so not concerned about rust in the bed. Good luck with your decision!

N2TRKYS

WKR
I had a rubber mat in a previous truck and a LineX liner in my current truck. I will never do another spray in liner. I’ll be using a rubber mat only from now on.

Hondo

WKR
I have a Bedrug in a truck with a shell going strong for over 8 years. The only issue has been needed to replace the double sided tape attaching it to the inside on the tailgate. I also made the mistake of putting some hay on it so I keep a small tarp handy to simplify cleanup. I also keep a small rubber mat for the back of an SUV for muddy boots, fuel cans, etc. The mat doubles as a ground changing mat for boots or waders.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I always have my truck bed sprayed with LineX as soon as I buy it. I would even do it if using a bedrug or similar liner over the top.

The only issue I personally have had with the carpet liners is when I get blood on them. It stinks and can be very hard to clean. If you don't get blood in your truck it won't be a concern.