which used boots?

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
hi all, im looking for some used boots. im currently using an old pair of work boots, but they have been patched, glued , sewn, and are in rough shape....so im looking for recommendations for brands/modes of boots that I may fund used for under $100 used (ebay, cragslist, or classifieds).

I know at that price range im not going to find kentreks or crispis (usually on ebay still $200+ used), but looking for recommendations for other boots that would be a little more affordable without breaking the bank, yet offer some quality.

my main concerns are support, and waterproof.
I wear a danner size 10 so usually have plenty of options,

thanks in advance for your time!

Danner vitals have been an excellent boot for me. I think they were around $150 when i bought my last pair from Scheels. I've read reviews online where people claim that they have gotten pairs that haven't been completely waterproof, but I've never had a problem with the 3 pairs I've owned. I would imagine you could pick up a pair cheaper online.

IDK, I bought a pair of essentially new crispis of a member for $175, 3rd season on them so far and still working good. It's possible...

fmyth

WKR
You can find Asolo GV Hunters w Goretex for $199 at Sierra Trading Post. If you're quick you can snag a coupon code for 25 off here in Rokslide just search and you'll find a couple threads where members w post a code. That brings the price down to $150 w free shipping. I think you'll have a hard time finding a better boot for $150.

OP
T

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
You can find Asolo GV Hunters w Goretex for $199 at Sierra Trading Post. If you're quick you can snag a coupon code for 25 off here in Rokslide just search and you'll find a couple threads where members w post a code. That brings the price down to $150 w free shipping. I think you'll have a hard time finding a better boot for $150.

Exactly the kind of info I was hoping for!

DMR1984

FNG
I agree with Fmyth.
look at the offers on stp.
I also heard a lot of good things about zamberlan, but I had no experience with them:

If someone owns zamberlan - please write how they fits.

joestrow

WKR
I recently had some back luck with Danner Gila's that I found on sale for $100.00. They may work for someone else's feet, but not mine.

When you do nail down a used pair you want, check out OfferUp. I've found some good used stuff using their app.

I have the lowa tibets and love them very water proof as long as you seal them once per season. No break in time either.

Bluto

WKR
Re: Zamberlan.

I’m torn here. I posted recently that my last pair failed me, and the facts of that post remain. Failed may be strong, but I was not impressed with Zamberlan USA and their warranty process.

However, I have actually had really good luck with Z, which is why I bought another pair. Pay attention to which last the boot is built with - if it’s the ZWL (Zamberlan Wide Last) it is definitely wide. Most of their boots aren’t, but if you need a wide fit, they will definitely fit.

I’m going to sell mine when they come back from getting a new lace guide from warranty work (finally,) but they wouldn’t be good for you unless you need a wide fit.

I tend to think my boot lace guide failure was an anomaly, but I’m still pretty miffed over their warranty process. Otherwise, I’ve had good luck with them.