Which Watch? Please Help

Carr5vols

WKR
Need some help...I currently have a Suunto Core All Black, but looking for a watch with a little more fuctionality.

Must Have:
GPS
Waterproof
Notifications(Phone)
Rugged
Ability to change band
Battery Life (7 days minimum)
Steps and Fitness tracking
Altimeter and Barometer

Possible watches:
Suunto 9
Garmin Feni 3 or 5 (6 to expensive)
Garmin Instinct
Suunto Traverse
Suunto Ambit 3
Others?

Please help...

I just got the Instinct and like it. It has the features you listed without a lot of stuff I don’t need or won’t use.

Backyard

WKR
The Instinct fits that bill and more. I'm tough on watches, have had mine for a while now and it shows no signs of wear. and you can turn off the crap you dont need.

etasker

FNG
I’ve got an suunto ambit 3 peak Nepal edition id be willing to sell if you are interested. I’m thinking $125tyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfreidy

WKR
I have the Instinct. It has worked out great!l. All the features that you mentioned PLUS It will pair with an InReach to allow quick updates without fiddling with the InReach or the Earthmate app.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Thanks guys. There is an awesome sale on both instinct and suunto 9 right now. Can get either for under 225.

RAPTOR

WKR
Tactix Charlie has been flawless. I broke a few Fenix 3 and 5. It's $150 off now too

Garmin Fenix 5+ and don't look back, checks all your boxes AND has music storage for when you train with BT headphones! I would suggest beefing up the band, but otherwise it's not too big either...

Brett_T

FNG
Garmin Fenix 5, hits your list. I have had a Suunto in the past and I had real issues with the Altimeter. I've had the Fenix 5 for a little over a year and have not had any issues.

Also, if you do get one. Grab a dust plug off Amazon for about $5.

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve had my Instinct since it first released, really like it and can’t recommend it enough, all the extra bells and whistles on the Fenix line weren’t worth the premium especially since I wouldn’t use them.

I love my Sunto Traverse Alpha. Battery life is great, but I am not "tracking" my route. I use it as a back up to Gaia on my phone. Basically just record the important POIs so if the phone failed I could find what I needed (camp, hanging game bags, truck).

There have been a couple up in the classifieds for about $200.

TheCougar

WKR
For a Fenix5X. Got a good deal on it. The sapphire glass is phenomenal - it never gets a scratch. The battery life is pretty good. It’s a big ass watch though. I have only used the maps a couple of times. The instinct is probably the better watch for 95% of the time

MLGrace

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Garmin Instinct for $199 on this deal. Came in two days. So far it is awesome.