Which water purification tabs/drops have the best taste?

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you who have used multiple water purification methods over the years, which ones leave the best tasting water? Aquamira drops, water purification tabs? What’s your preference? I already have a filter. Thanks

I don't think it matters. The drops and tablets are both chlorine. I've used several tablets and never noticed a difference but admittedly haven't used liquid drops.

As long as you avoid iodine and stick to chlorine, I wouldn't give it a second thought about taste. Personally, I prefer a slight chlorine taste to possibly ingesting cryptosporidium.

mlgc20

WKR
I've tried all of them. Many times. They are all terrible. Like drinking from a swimming pool. If my filter doesn't catch it, then so be it. I'm not using any of the chemical stuff.

mlgc20

WKR
I realized I didn’t actually answer your question in my first response. IMO, the Katadyn Micropur tabs leave the best tasting water relative to the other drops/tablets. Still terrible. But, better.

If you have the chance, the taste is a better if you can leave the top off your water bottle while the tablet is doing its thing. A little of the awful chlorine smell will escape and make drinking the water more tolerable.

Agreed with the above in that the Katadyn Micropur is slightly less awful than some
others I’ve used but wouldn’t ever mistake it for anything that tastes good.

I prefer Aquamira drops. The chlorine taste it creates seems very mild to me and doesn't bother me at all. Way better than the iodine water I choked down for years before switching to chlorine dioxide.

Aquamira. The chlorine taste is very slight, to almost nonexistent. I don’t even think about it while drinking treated water.