Which Waterproof Clothing

rodney747

WKR
I'm still old school with neoprene and other natural waterproof materials that don't need treatments from time to time to continue being waterproof. Plan on getting some new gear and looking for something Waterproof, not water resistant in the new lightweight stuff available today. I understand it will need to be treated every so often. Looking for suggestions on what seems to stay waterproof the longest before treatment is needed and what is the best to use when treatment is needed. Thanks

ndforbes

FNG
I have been using the Sitka stuff for years and have had good luck with it. Any of the Gore-Tex products on the market today are totally waterproof. I can usually go a year or two between treatments if I use them pretty frequently. The best treatment I have used to restore the factory DWR finish is the Nikwax products. You just wash the jacket in your washing machine with their "Tech Wash" then one more cycle with their "TX Direct" and you are good to go. It is super easy.

OP
rodney747

rodney747

WKR
That’s the information I was looking for and didn’t realize retreating would be that easy. Will be looking for the next good Sitka sale. THANKS

OP
rodney747

rodney747

WKR
I see Sitka in Cloudburst, Stormfront, Coldfront versions. Any particular one stand out more then others? Thanks

ndforbes

FNG
I have the Cloudburst since they are nice and light. Most of my hunting is backpack hunting, so I try to keep things as light as possible. The Stormfront is super burley. The Coldfront is lightly insulated and only suitable for cold conditions. There is also some really nice stuff out there from Kuiu, but I haven't worn a lot of their outerwear pieces. Good luck!