Which week in September?

Which week in September did you kill an elk?

• Sept 1-8

• Sept 9-15

• Sept 16-22

• Sept 23-30

Results are only viewable after voting.

cnelk

WKR
There have been lots of threads asking what's the best week in September to archery hunt elk.
Maybe a little Rokslide Poll would be helpful?

So, what week in September 2020 did you kill an elk while archery hunting?

Every week since I started in ‘08. Funny. I hunted every week last year and had opportunities every week. Not many but I did have opportunities

cgasner1

WKR
I save my actual time off for elk hunting in my home state till October with hopes that I kill a bull in September without having to use any vacation. I also hunt every day thought during season most years when I get it done without using the vacation I use that time the following year for a out of state hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

WKR
We went 8 for 8 last Sept. First bull was killed on the 12th, last was killed on the 26th. We be back from the 14th-30th.

Wrench

WKR
For me, the first two days for us 7-8ish are always the best for calling bulls in even though it's early. The 18th for year after year wild action.

Felix40

WKR
I think the first week of september is my favorite in high pressure areas so that's when I plan to take time off. Last year I killed on september 4th and december 21st.

Wapiti1

WKR
The 11-19th is the best week because I am burning my points in CO for a muzzy tag. All other weeks are dead to me at this point.

If I was not using points, I'd hunt the second and third weeks. I hate the first week crowds. The areas I hunt aren't crowded anyway, but it's just easier to not deal with idiots on the roads.

People from Minnesota don't understand the mechanics of a mountain road when you meet oncoming traffic. Someone will be on the steep downhill edge, or, yes, you need to back up to the turn out 20' behind you. Just parking in the middle and yelling at me to go around isn't a solution. Usually they are driving a dually or Suburban.

I apologize to most of the people from Minnesota for that, but not the folks that I am specifically referring to. You should stay home.

Jeremy

Beendare

WKR
IME,

they all have a lot of elk hunters in the woods but there is one secret to this.

The first week has piles of guys in there, many are there a few days before the season. Then traditionally in the better rut periods after September 15 there is a bunch of guys hunting that period too.

i’ve seen many units in many different states where the last couple days had the least amount of hunters..... and it’s typically prime rut.

There was one spot in Colorado where there was literally 50 rigs at the trail head mid season and the last couple days we were the only vehicle.

-

I have killed more elk the first week than any other, this year was the first Friday.

I like them all besides the last week, having a tag the last week stresses me out

Huntnnw

WKR
I guess first week of season can have multiple meanings..some states it could be later into Sept and others could be august. I was in my unit last year on opening day Aug 30th and saw 1 rig over 21 miles forest service roads. I was back in Sept 28th and saw 1 camp

Harvested on 6th last year in northern NM. They were silent while I was there. Going the second half of the season this year.

p0under99

FNG
The full moon is gonna mess with this years hunt. I’m guessing the 8th-13th might be the best week

p0under99

FNG
That's my thought as well. It certainly cannot be worse than the first week last year where I was. Also the drought is subsiding in a lot of areas.
I’m hoping that the calling will be best right around here. The bulls shouldn’t be herded up so hopefully we’ll all get lucky.