Which WM bag

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to decide which WM bag, either the terralite or the badger. I'd be using it in colorado in september mainly and missouri in november (I'll be in a trailer in missouri). I'm not fond of mummy bags but can tolerate them. I like the looks of the width of the terralite being a semi rec bag bit not sure the fabric would hold up. Anyone that's used both able to comment? I've been reading the posts and comments on the 2 and my main concern is just the outer fabric and condensation. Thanks for the help.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm trying to decide which WM bag, either the terralite or the badger. I'd be using it in colorado in september mainly and missouri in november (I'll be in a trailer in missouri). I'm not fond of mummy bags but can tolerate them. I like the looks of the width of the terralite being a semi rec bag bit not sure the fabric would hold up. Anyone that's used both able to comment? I've been reading the posts and comments on the 2 and my main concern is just the outer fabric and condensation. Thanks for the help.

I’d go terralite it’s big roomy and comfy ... plus open it up as a comforter in your trailer ... of it gets super cold it has plenty of room for a quilt inside or clothes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I can assure you, if it's a Western Mountaineering bag it will hold up just fine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Look at the Sycamore, it's semi rec, 25 degree, has the more durable/water resistant MF shell like the badger, and only pick up 3oz over the terralite. That being said, there isn't a bad choice.

Phaseolus

WKR
Buy your WM from Hermit’s Hut and get free overfill which is supposed to give you 8 to 10 more degrees of warmth.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
LOVE my badger.

Didn’t buy from hermits but because I wanted my 15 degree bag to be a 15 degree bag, not a 5 degree bag.

Nothing wrong with going the hermits but route but if I wanted a warmer bag I’d just buy one.

hogcarpy

FNG
I know it’s not what your interested in, but the WM Alpinlite is a great bag. I’ve used it on all my September trips and it performed very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Where is the best place to buy a wm bag?

WM is very strict on their MAP pricing, so most places don't have sales unless they're dropping the line or something.

We are a dealer...carry mostly the light stuff and not a lot of stock, but WM is great about drop shipping to customers if they order. We're happy to check on whatever you want.

Jbehredt

WKR
I bought mine at a local mountaineering store. Nice to try them on. I was set on a terralite based on my online research. Climbed in one and was swimming. Huge bag. Ended up with a badger and have no regrets. Wife has an overstuffed ultralite that hasn’t disappointed either.