Which zebra light??

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I want one that uses AA batteries or AAA or something that’s easy to buy. They make a ton of different versions.

which one did you buy?

I personally like the floody beam for a good mix of spill and throw, and I prefer the color of the neutral white light, so if you want that in a AA version, it would be the H53Fw.

IMO, the 18650 lights are the way to go. If you look at the outputs and run times, the difference is insane. For instance, when field dressing or working up an animal in the dark, I typically run mine on medium high which is 124 lumens. That setting has a battery life of 13.8 hours. That same lumen setting in the AA version has a battery life of 4.2 hours. Grab a couple batteries and charger off eBay or amazon and you’re good to go. I’d be more than happy to help you with any questions about that if you decide to go that route.

Tod osier

WKR
I personally like the floody beam for a good mix of spill and throw, and I prefer the color of the neutral white light, so if you want that in a AA version, it would be the H53Fw.

IMO, the 18650 lights are the way to go. If you look at the outputs and run times, the difference is insane. For instance, when field dressing or working up an animal in the dark, I typically run mine on medium high which is 124 lumens. That setting has a battery life of 13.8 hours. That same lumen setting in the AA version has a battery life of 4.2 hours. Grab a couple batteries and charger off eBay or amazon and you’re good to go. I’d be more than happy to help you with any questions about that if you decide to go that route.

yes on the above. The floodY with an 18650 is an awesome combo. I was hesitant to get geared up with the 18650, but I’m glad I did. i bought wife son and I each one. I’m considering buying a second set as backups since we have little petzels in our emergency kits for serious backcountry trips and backup 18650 in the kits (that have never been needed).

get the glow holders, it is great glow material and lasts much of the night.

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I know the run times differ and all that but I prefer to keep it stupid simple I like the one I got it takes a single AA they’re easy to find it matches a couple other electronics I use so I can rob from those if needed. Inherently something will happen and at least this way you can usually always find AA batteries at any gas station.