Whisker Biscuit/Hostage VS Drop AWAYS!

Alright ALL!

Lets here it what is everyone running for a rest?

I personally shoot drop aways. I jump back and forth between Trophy Taker Pronghorn, Schaffer Opposition, and Limbdriver (not the PRO-V). I ran the Schaffer all of last year and I had a GREAT time with it.

What is out there catching your eye?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I've gotta Ripcord drop away. Like it a lot better than the Whisker Biscuit if for nothing else than the icing issue the WB has when you're in freezing rain. Not much of a bow guy, but the drop away works for me.

OR Archer

WKR
I'm a fan of the Ripcord and Trophy Taker rests. For a full capture it'd be a whisker biscuit. Hostage rest is just plain junk in my opinion.

Im currently running a Ripcord but Im interested in the new Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro when they become available.

I am a whisker biscuit guy. I had a Ripcord on my bow a few years ago and the rest did not drop. Costed me a nice bull and an angry hike out. I like the idea of the less moving parts, the better off you are...already so many things that can go wrong.

JG358

WKR
I like drop aways... currently using QAD HDs but I might be trying out a TT SmackDown in the near future.

Dlove

FNG
I'm a WB guy. I've never shot a drop away but have seen a few fail on film and that was enough for me.

weaver

WKR
Have tried a bunch of rests. None have ever let me down but i have the most faith in the Trophy Taker Smackdown. Built like a tank and one of the most foolproof drop aways on the market imo.

diggerson

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a WB up until recently, had never used anything but. When the whiskers wore out, it was time to replace it with another WB, or try something else. Thought I'd try the Trophy Ridge Revolution. So far, so good. Easy to set up, and no issues as of yet, but haven't hunted with it yet, only shot at the range.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ripcord here, thinking about upgrading to the code red this year.

pronghorn

FNG
I've used several different Trophy Taker rests and the past three years have been using the Limb Drivers. I just don't like the slop in the rest when adjusting. I'm considering trying an AAE Pro Drop, but am a little concerned about the rod that the arm attaches to. I used one of their first generation drop aways a few years ago and didn't really have any problems. But I stress about things...

OP
Evan Williams
Ryan, I like the internal improvements to the Code Red. Much more user friendly to rebuild from a tech stand point in case you change bows or just need a new cord and I have seen less issues with fletching contact in them over the original.

I am a Limbdriver fan on dual cam/binary cam bows that are more touchy when it comes to timing. I have killed some good animals with the Trophy Takers and the Limbdrivers. I am not a big fan of the Pro-V...or capture style rests of any kind save the Schaffer Opposition. That one I do like.

IAHNTR

WKR
I am shooting a TT and a APA Twister. Neither have failed. Will be looking for something new in the next year or so though.