Whisker biscuit more accurate than drop away rest?

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if its set up or what but I've seen a lot of QAD's not dropping quick enough and having clearance issues. All of them have went the way of the trash can.

I've been using them since they came out. I swore off anything drop as an old school archer hung up on a TM fixed rest.

The only issues I've seen with them came from improper installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
The full length contact on the arrow is the reason hunters like a WB and the same reason they'll never win an archery tournament. Nobody really cares what somebody else shoots except on the Internet. If you like 'em shoot 'em.

Murdy

WKR
Too many variables comparing 2 rests on 2 different bows. Not only is poundage different, brace height and other things are probably different too. You'd have to shoot both rests on the same bow for a meaningful comparison.

I like the biscuit, but can't imagine how it could be more accurate than a properly tuned drop away.

Whisky

WKR
I'm on my second year with Hamskea Hybrid Hunters on my bows. WB's were on before. I always struggled with broad head tuning, and dabbled in drop a ways a few years back. Yeah, WBs can shoot field points just as accurate as any other rest. But screw on broad heads and I don't believe that to be the case. Anyways, I had a screw work loose on one, which bent an internal spring, rendering the rest useless. Had a launcher arm break on another. Went back to biscuits but still struggled with broad heads. I wanted the WBs to work. I hated the potential failure of drop aways. But I slapped the Hamskea on and was tuned in less then 5 arrows. I'm shooting the best I ever have been now, with both bows. and I'm practicing with broad heads now all the time to build confidence.

I don't want to use drop a ways by choice. But you can't deny their easier to tune, especially with broad heads. As for the speed, on 2 bows I tested, the WBs were 2fps slower. Non issue. I also hunted in sub ZERO temps with WBs, and all temps in between. Never had any issues with them freezing up. If they work for a person and are confident in the performance with broad heads, I'm jealous of you. But when you make accuracy claims for a WB, I would hope you're testing broad heads as well as field points.

Gobspur

FNG
Weird, I was just getting ready to write about the same thing as Whisky above. I've had a WB for years and its the kind that's hard to adjust. Always struggled through trying to get BHs to fly with FPs. This year after struggling for the last two weeks, I'm still getting poor flight and minor fletching contact, after double checking everything else on the bow. I just said the hell with it and ordered a Hamskea that I'll be putting on tomorrow. I always had decent groups with FPs, but BHs would always fly different.