Whisker biscuit

fire arrow

Well Known Rokslider
Not in a million years. Never. Don't do it. I will give you ten bucks to stay with what you have. If you are not getting good arrow flight list what you set up is and we can make sure you have started off on the right foot.

OP
C

caihlen

Thanks for the reply. My arrow flight is fine. Just curious.

Stinky Coyote

Well Known Rokslider
Yup, I give the latest hot drops a try almost yearly but slow learner apparently as every time I quickly go back to the bisquit. I shoot the highest end gear, components, arrows etc. As a true gear junky would. But cannot give up the bisquit. My set up on the hooter shooter this year did 6 arrows into 3/4" ctc group at 20 yards, and after spinning some nocks the shop got it down to 1/2" ctc. Accuracy not a prob, speed loss by my chrony tests is 2 fps, simplicity and function rule for me, I'll quit testing the drops now and put my time and money into more important stuff, I know I love the bisquit, might as well own it. ;)

Solitude

Well Known Rokslider
Go with what feels right for you mentally. In my case, either style of rest will shoot better than the archer behind it. You need confidence in your gear/equipment, if that takes you to the WB vs drop away then you got your answer.

For me, changing up an item or two a year on the bow keeps it fresh and exciting, some guys stick with the same tried and true ever year for confidence, while others tend to get a whole new rig annually. It's what works, feels right and gives you confidence that matters.

Coyote Commander

Well Known Rokslider
I cant say ive "used" a drop away.

Ive tried a couple, and pretty quickly went back to the biscuit.

The drop away guys who spout off all the misinformation about the whisker biscuit are just likely kool aid drinkers. They probably shoot rage broadheads too. :D

rettop eoj

After upgrading to a dropaway rest, thinking I would set the archery world on fire, it developed some problems and wasnt the answer I was expecting so back to the relyable WB. Not to look back.

slick

Well Known Rokslider
I've started off with a wb, but have been looking to make the switch to a drop away. Last fall buddy had nothing but problems with his ripcord. When he drew back it wouldn't pop up like it was supposed to. This is not something I want to happen on a hunt. Accuracy with the drop away is probably better, but it has moving parts and moving parts equal more things that can go wrong and probably will. I'll stick to my wb.

WyoBowhunter21

Well Known Rokslider
I haven't had issues with my drop away but I have thought about going to a whisker. I hate moving parts. I am not sure what to do. I really like no moving parts. Haha

trapperjay

Well Known Rokslider
My WB kept squeaking so I replaced with an NAP apache- been very happy w/ its performance this season.