White Tail Kifaru Pack Suggestions

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

I'm looking for suggestions on what everyone believes is a good white tail pack from Kifaru. I will be using it on day hunts, but want to be able to use it to carry my Summit climber stand in with me on my back. Any suggestions and photos on you all attach yours would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BK

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
After alot of research for my whitetail day pack. I ended up ordering a Kifaru stryker.
It's on the UPS truck right now.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

OldGrayJB

WKR
You're going to have a tough time strapping that stand to a pack because it doesn't fold flat like a lock on stand. Unless the bag is empty, the weight of the stand is going to be a foot away from your back.
If you use a lock on, you could secure it in the load shelf.

I run a cargo panel grab it and guide lid. Hauls my summit climber and stuff for a day in the tree like a champ. One hell of a quarter hauling set up as well.

I bought the cargo panel before they started making the stryker. That thing looks nice.

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
I was thinking of this as well. I have the frame from my Deluxe Timberline as well as the guide lid and grab it. Just need to order the cargo panel. Do you happen to have any photos of this set up? Curious if the Sherman pocket in addition would work here too.

cg2737

WKR
fd9df145de637026b52fee616c5700fa.jpg

Eastern Ruck with Summit

a56d6af81d0c50ecf2277eb2383c67cf.jpg

Eastern Ruck Lone Wolf

d98dd8a40bf0ce2162a595ec070e7919.jpg

Cargo Panel Lone wolf. Two #11 LL and medium belt pouch
e9d3b624a0ec7ef81c76cd3184ed2919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Last season I used an SG frame with a 6200 pack body. Carried the bulky stuff & bow Ok and plenty of room for cold weather layers.

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
Do you all think I could use the quarter panel or is the cargo panel a better option? The striker also looks like a good option. Just trying to see what offers the best functionality. Would like to pack in my stand, additional clothing layers and some snacks.

cg2737

WKR
I think the quarter panel will be too small. The cargo panel allows you to attach pouches, etc. I have not used the Striker yet so I can’t comment on that.

Squirrels

WKR
Suggestion one, ditch the climber and dive into the saddle hunting world. You get still get a Kifaru if you want, you just want "need" it pack around that climber.

blackdawg

WKR
Packed stands with the Stryker this year. It’s going to work very good for the mobile whitetail guy. Summit stands just aren’t going to pack good period! I have tried everything and nothing is perfect yet but this is very good, tied only by the military molle shoulder straps.
ced13be2a7b62017fd22ffafa8aa496c.jpg

Okie_3

FNG
Another vote for the Stryker. It’s so customizable and versatile. No experience with a summit climber but all my different folding stands and climbing stick combinations have been a breeze to carry.

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Stryker. It’s so customizable and versatile. No experience with a summit climber but all my different folding stands and climbing stick combinations have been a breeze to carry.

I’m looking hard at the Stryker for my mobile hang on and stick set up. My question is- for a guy packing in his mobile hang on and sticks, is there enough room in the bag portion for your parka and bibs, because I pack that in as well, usually in a dry bag because November/ December in Southern Ohio is monsoon season. I walk in usually a mile or so, and often have a lot of bulky clothing in dry bag strapped to my stand and sticks and have the molle style shoulder straps on my hang on bottom.

The reason I’m looking to change this up is because I’m tired of using a deer cart or drag, I’d like to pack the deer out of some of the places I go.

Okie_3

FNG
I’m looking hard at the Stryker for my mobile hang on and stick set up. My question is- for a guy packing in his mobile hang on and sticks, is there enough room in the bag portion for your parka and bibs, because I pack that in as well, usually in a dry bag because November/ December in Southern Ohio is monsoon season. I walk in usually a mile or so, and often have a lot of bulky clothing in dry bag strapped to my stand and sticks and have the molle style shoulder straps on my hang on bottom.

The reason I’m looking to change this up is because I’m tired of using a deer cart or drag, I’d like to pack the deer out of some of the places I go.

That's a good question. If I pack in to my furthest places I will use my puffy jacket and pants as insulation and they pack into the bag portion easy with my other normal gear. If you had a true parka and bibs I would highly doubt those will fit in there. But if you had a dry bag you might be able to carry them as well as the stand in between the bag and frame. I've never done that though so I'm not sure how well that would work.

The last two bucks I killed on public land were 1 mile and 2.5 miles from the truck. It's awesome to be able to just quarter them up and carry them out rather than drag or bring in a cart.

KMW

FNG
fd9df145de637026b52fee616c5700fa.jpg

Eastern Ruck with Summit

a56d6af81d0c50ecf2277eb2383c67cf.jpg

Eastern Ruck Lone Wolf

d98dd8a40bf0ce2162a595ec070e7919.jpg

Cargo Panel Lone wolf. Two #11 LL and medium belt pouch
e9d3b624a0ec7ef81c76cd3184ed2919.jpg

How has your experience been carrying the summit upside down (with the cables above your head)? I’ve thought about trying this method but thought it might feel top heavy and catch a lot of things while walking?

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
This right here is what I'm trying out this year.

cg2737

WKR
How has your experience been carrying the summit upside down (with the cables above your head)? I’ve thought about trying this method but thought it might feel top heavy and catch a lot of things while walking?
I had that climber hanging around my garage and never ran it with my Kifarus. I put it on the pack just to show a Summit on a Kifaru to help out the OP of an old thread. I no longer have that stand. I like the Lone Wolfs much better for transport.

cjthomas2

FNG
After alot of research for my whitetail day pack. I ended up ordering a Kifaru stryker.
It's on the UPS truck right now.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Just ordered the Stryker a month ago to be my go-to whitetail pack. Looks like it should work awesome for hang and hunts.

PMcGee

WKR
I just use my EMR II or DT 2. Depends which frame I take. I use the same system if I’m going a half a mile or 3. I like having a bigger bag for late season hunts when it’s cold for extra clothing. I just use the grab it and a strap. If I was only using it for whitetail I might buy a smaller bag. The weight of the stand is a nonissue. If I have to pack something out I just leave the stand there and go back later.
1f017c8e4db14fb6708802fe93e66e1a.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro