White Tail take over in unit 65/66 Oregon

I've been living and working in a national forest (Western edge of unit 65) since the end of May and have noticed a few white tail running around. This last month or so I've noticed an increase of white tail bullying the mule deer. Just last night, I watched two white tail does try to run some mule deer off. I've seen quite a few white tail fawns up here which isn't good.

Talking with locals and folks who hunt this area, sounds like the white tail have been moving in for the last 5 years of so.

Sure don't have the entire low down of ODFW's management strategy regarding white tail, but sure hope the mule deer aren't entirely run out of here!

Any Grant County locals have an opinion on what should be done with the white tail?

dtrkyman

WKR
Not familiar with that are, but a third generation rancher who I knew in Wyoming would shoot any whitetail they saw in the bottoms near their house, talked about the whitetail being more aggressive and not wanting them to push out the mule deer.

OR Archer

WKR
White tails usually stick to the lower elevations and “flatter” terrain from my experience.

Extrapale

WKR
They aren't new. There were whitetail in Logan Valley in 2001 when I was antelope hunting there.

They were also in the upper Middle Fork of the John Day at the same time.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk