Whitetail Authority

Ironman8

WKR
Who do you guys consider a "Whitetail Authority"?

I've been hunting all my life, but only recently have wanted to really study up on whitetails and their habits in order to scout and hunt them effectively. So who do you listen to when they speak about whitetails? What are some good books on the subject?

I've searched around Amazon and kept seeing John Eberhart pop up...any good?

Shrek

WKR
I don't know who the authority would be but much of whitetail hunting is the terrain they live in. A western plains whitetail will have different habits than one in the mountains versus one in the Southeast. I hunt them here in the south but it would completely different hunting them out west.

OP
Ironman8

Ironman8

WKR
Yeah that's very true, and I did think about that, but I figured there was some material out there that would at least give a general idea that you could apply to your own area. I hunt whitetail in TX, so I may do a search for that specifically.

KHNC

WKR
I would recommend Tom Indrebo. He lives in Wisconsin, has written several books , and lives in the middle of some of the best whitetail ground in the world. He owns Bluff Country Outfitters. Alot of tv personalities got their start in videography under his wing as well.

The Wensel's books are worth reading if you enjoy hunting Whitetails. Some of the best...

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
The Wensel's books are worth reading if you enjoy hunting Whitetails. Some of the best...

Very true. Not knocking other forms of hunting, but these guys spend their time hunting with traditional bows. They have to know their game that much better. Aside from that, they built their careers around being able to hunt as much as possible. They definitely have the fever.