Whitetail Boots?

Okay, my danner pronghorns are done. The outsole is in great condition but the boot in not even close to being waterproof. They are about 12 years old and treated every year. I’m looking for something to hunt whitetail, upland and other light hunting. Any suggestions on something that will hold up. I also don’t want anything with a super soft insole. I need a little rigidity. Thanks y’all.

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
I just use my Keen Targee hiking boots for light hunting. They are lightweight and waterproof and have some support to deal with the VA and WV hills easily.

I wear Crispi Colorado's for much of the VA hunting seasons unless I'm headed in a swamp. They are ready to go out of the box.

Buck197

WKR
Depends on the weather I'd be hunting in. Non insulated, im going to try Crispi Lapponias, ive heard they're fantastic. I have a pair of Danner, no issues with those either. But insulated vs noninsulated, or Wisconsin vs south Texas can sure make a world of difference in the boot I'd wear.

Buck197

WKR
I wear Crispi Colorado's for much of the VA hunting seasons unless I'm headed in a swamp. They are ready to go out of the box.
where in VA if I may ask, I was stationed at A.P. Hill in Bowling Green. sure nuff gorgeous country, great deer

OP
C
I hunt in Colorado and a bit in Kansas. I have good mountain boots. Just need something that I can walk in or hang in the saddle. Thanks for the replies and thoughts.

Buck197

WKR
I hunt in Colorado and a bit in Kansas. I have good mountain boots. Just need something that I can walk in or hang in the saddle. Thanks for the replies and thoughts.
When you say saddle, I think id go a little off strict hunting boots, but when I'm in the saddle, I'm maybe riding a bit harder I don't know. I have a pair of Justin lace up work boots for warmer weather, fine in fall and early winter, waterproofed and I'd not be afraid to hunt in them by any means. But I'm a strict believer in leather soles when I'm on a hoss so my foot can get free if everything goes to hell working cattle or young horses..Just a thought, and those are built more to fit a stirrup as well.

OP
C
Hummm, I think we are talking about two different saddles. I’m referring to a hunting saddle that hangs from a tree like a tether ball. I’m not man enough to ride horses for hunting.

OP
C
No sir. Fact is I’m not very smart and having an animal with me reminding me of this fact makes for a hard trip.

Buck197

WKR
Buck, I live in Chesapeake, but I hunt AP Hill a few times a year. I mostly hunt in the Suffolk area.
It's been alot of years..There's good hunting, especially on the range side of AP Hill. Or on the post side if you go all the way back. That was along time ago, presume it's still the same..I was younger. Did you ever see the marker there for what's his face, Abe Lincolns assasin(can't remember crap anymore)

Mosby

WKR
It's been alot of years..There's good hunting, especially on the range side of AP Hill. Or on the post side if you go all the way back. That was along time ago, presume it's still the same..I was younger. Did you ever see the marker there for what's his face, Abe Lincolns assasin(can't remember crap anymore)
John Wilkes Booth. As an aside, AP Hill was a West Point graduate. My understanding is that AP Hill and his Sargent were riding at the battle at Petersburg(there was a breech of the Confederate lines) and came across two Union soldiers with rifles. AP Hill asked for their surrender. Not having a clue who he was, they shot and killed him. Later when they found out that they killed a General and one of the highest ranking Confederate officers, they were afraid they were going to get into trouble for shooting him. Both of the Union soldiers were from the Harrisburg, PA area. I was just reading about AP Hill last week. Not that anyone asked or cares. :)

Buck197

WKR
Actually, I do, as its a very important part of my history. Thanks, I have read the post history a few times and it's quite interesting. Really fun place to be stationed, 11th st, and some of them baf ass navy boys have compounds on post, we used to be able to get our butts kicked playing aggressor. And it's an absolutely beautiful post and the entire area is steep in history.