Whitetail doe in WY?

CJinGA

FNG
My dad, my father-in-law, and I will be headed to WY in a few weeks to chase antelope. My dad and I have never been west, so we all just picked up some antelope doe tags to have an excuse to go. We also snagged some whitetail doe tags for Area 17. Antelope hunting tactics are covered pretty well for the area, but I haven't found much info about deer out there. How do you hunt deer in wide open spots like that? I'm used to Iowa, Georgia, and Alabama where you sit and wait on them. Same tactics for WY? From the small amount of time I've been in that area, I don't remember seeing many climbable trees. Is it more spot & stalk? Are they early morn / late evening roamers like down south?

Just trying to wrap my head around where to start looking for deer out there.

TIA for any info..
CJ

Setup within a mile or so of a river or creek bottom. I think the Powder River runs through there? Get on a high point, be there before the sun comes up, you'll see them around the river, then move on them. Same in evenings.

Yep, find a high spot and glass creek and river bottoms, anywhere there are trees and scrub. Ive seen deer in western SD hole up in some pretty minimalist spots. Just look for movement in morning and evening, put them to bed in the am and stalk them.

OP
C

CJinGA

FNG
Just wanted to post back and say thanks for the intel. We definitely saw lots of deer, but couldn't get a shot on any of them. If we had one more day I think we could have sealed the deal. This advice was spot on.

Thanks again!