Whitetail Help!

OP
downtownbrown0610
If you hunt the west you already probably know how to read a topo map we'll. Use this to your advantage to look for funnels, saddles, and other terrain advantages. Also use satellite imagery, along with boots on the ground scouting to look for buck and doe bedding, transition areas, food and water, rubs/scrapes lines, etc. Find a good mobile setup, IMO a hang-on like Lone Wolf Custom Gear, Novix, XOP, etc are much more versatile than a climber or saddle/platform set up. Wind is crucial, so is access and exit to stand locations. The best way to hunt them depends on the time of the year. These are all generic and some what obvious answers but it is a rabbit hole question and I could time forever lol. Good luck, you're going to love chasing whitetails.
Awesome thank you for the advice! I am very familiar with topograpgic maps. Use them daily for my job and can get some good ones of the area being in the military haha.

Patexalva

FNG
You're getting a lot of good advice in this thread. The transition zone concept is a good one to focus on and it helped me kill my biggest buck to date this year. My oversimplified 2 c would be this. Find where they bed, find where they eat, and get in between those spots downwind of where the deer want to go. If you can pair that with a transition zone (and get in and out of those spots stealthily), you will kill deer. If you have the chance to scout in the late winter, it can give you tons of insight on where the deer bed and feed during the season. It's nothing like western hunting for sure but it's got me addicted!