Whitetail Nebraska Hunt with the Averys and J-squared

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You keep shooting bucks like that and ryan is gonna have to be a "house husband"
P.s its ok Ryan my wife shot a nicer buck than me on saturday. I'm pretty sure she went out of her way to make sure she did so too. I spent all day sunday trying to figure out how to turn the vacuum on

I can see him in curlers and robe vacuuming right now. Driving a Prius too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
You keep shooting bucks like that and ryan is gonna have to be a "house husband"
P.s its ok Ryan my wife shot a nicer buck than me on saturday. I'm pretty sure she went out of her way to make sure she did so too. I spent all day sunday trying to figure out how to turn the vacuum on

I’m sure your wife would be
more than happy to show you how to work the vacuum, dishwasher, washing machine etc... congrats to your wife on her buck!!

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations Tanya! How about a short run down of that muzzleloader you used?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ryan will be putting up a YouTube video tomorrow, and we will be also doing a podcast on the hunt with J-squared.

Brendan

WKR
Congratulations Tanya! How about a short run down of that muzzleloader you used?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Precise Rifle Solutions ML45?

b2e025cc2fdc027cd5eff9c3908fd77b.jpg

Last edited:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wanted to give a little update to this thread! We had another buck that Ryan called Pickett Fence. We saw him during their hunt, which was the first we’d seen of him in person since July. Last week we had our last group of hunters and Pickett fence strolled right in front of one hunters blind at 40 yards and stopped. The hunter cocked the hammer, squeezed the trigger and.. CLICK. Nothing. His firing pin had gunked up and wouldn’t hit the primer hard enough.

Fast forward to this morning. Little Jordan and I headed up to a back pasture we thought the buck to be spending some time. The only way this would potentially work is with an East or southeast wind. Very rare occurrence for us. But this morning with a snow storm coming in we had our rare occurrence of a southeast wind and decided to go for it. After a lengthy story that involved a bit of running, belly crawling and some minor curse words, we were blessed to have this buck on the ground.

Along with this deer we had 3 other 140+ bucks within 200 yards and several other great up and comer deer for next year!

c6153ed62a0dcf69c25682834a3ab80e.jpg

98686ed5e585f3f9cd0ae1a558881da0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk