Whitetail pants

Kinda surprised no one has mentioned the kuiu axis pants. Vents on fhem for early season, light brushed fleece for mid season and layers for later season.
i cant say they are as quiet as say the stratus line from sitka, but they are plenty quiet to bow hunt with.
Plenty durable, plenty breathable, i have mine sized so i can put a layer or two under and easily get into the 40’s with them.
But asking for a single pant to go from 70-80’s all the way to the teens or lower is a big ask that in my mind doesn’t exist.

If the burr issue is not a hige issue, the stratus pants/bibs are awesome for mostly dry hunting. They have a double zipper all the way up the legs so you can vent as needed and they have good quiet face, but they are just dwr and will collect some water on the face fabric and will have breathability issues with the windblocker if moving a ton. For stand hunting, they are the bomb in my neck of the woods (southern OK).

Jdh3

FNG
First Lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll second this recommendation. I run the catalyst through the entire whitetail season in MS (when it’s cold). Just vary my base layers underneath and I’m good to go. They are surprising durable from my experience. I’ll be using mine for their 4th season this year.

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
The thlete phantom softshell pants are really nice. Comfortable, quiet, windproof/water resistant, durable, good pocket layout, zippered side vents, cool looking camo pattern if that matters to you. Might be a little warm for September, but under 60 degrees they're my go to.

Drenalin

WKR
I wear the cheap Wrangler pants. I especially like them for whitetail hunting because I'm always in thick stuff, briars, and crossing logs and fences. I don't mind if I destroy them because they're $22 a pair. I've got three pairs for hunting and fishing that I alternate through, and that $66 worth of pants is heading into it's third season. They don't look great, but they're getting the job done for practically no money.

I would like to get some KUIU Kutanas though (the stretch version).

Mosby

WKR
I wear old FL Kanab pants when whitetail hunting. I wear them for elk too when I am day hunting. My favorite pair of hunting pants.

xturns06x

FNG
Mountain Pant / Timberline / De Havilland will all do the trick. Varying levels of durability and noise so take that into consideration. If you are strictly focused on noise I'd say (in order of warmth (Obsidian, Apex, Stratus)

Big fan of the Sitka Mountain Pant. I hunt out of a saddle, so the knee pads helps when leaning into a tree. Can run merino LJs under them and get into the 30s comfortably. Great turkey hunting pants too. I would think they’re comparable to the Corrugate Guide pant but they have the added functionality of the knee pads.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I own FL Catalyst, FL Obsidian and Prana Zion. I have used the Zion for travelling and just daily pants for years. They are unbeatable for a all around pant. The comparable from FL would be the Corrugate.

The catalyst has to be a the most versatile pant in FL’s line up. I wear it from October through November. The obsidian is amazing comfortable and quiet, but likes burrs and takes on water.
If you have the cash I would get a pair of Zion for daily use and a pair of Catalyst you save for days hunting.

NateK

Lil-Rokslider
Where do you hunt and what are the typical weather conditions? I am in Tennessee and early season sees highs in the 80's and 90's and we will (rarely) get as low as single digits in late season. I wear cheap wrangler hiking pants or Carhartt cotton pants early in the year and a pair of Finnish wool army surplus pants once it gets cold. I do have several pairs of sitka, kryptek, and kuiu pants but rarely wear them whitetail hunting. Fleece just picks up too many burs and any synthetic/nylon is just too loud compared to cotton and wool.

Worth noting I stand and still hunt and hunt some spots very close to my truck and put on several miles on other days.

kloppy

FNG
I have beat the snot out of my Prana's for all manner of pursuit including hot early season and freezing late season treestand hunting. You can get them around $50 on sale. Just layer up underneath w/ heavyweight wool and you're good to go.

j_laucks

Lil-Rokslider
I have been liking the FL Corrugates for early season with one ore more layers as needed and then moving into the Solitude bibs as the temps drop. I'll often still wear the Corrugates for the walk in and then add the bibs at the tree.

Jgriff

FNG
Kuiu Attack pants for me. I have had several pretty thick layers on in late Dec.

Pflum

FNG
Didnt see Day One mentioned, I love my cowboy suede pants. I bought the unlined/uninsulated and layer under as needed. They are silent.