Whitetail pants

SigM1

FNG
I’m looking for a pant that I can wear from mid September with no under layers all the way to late season with a layer or two under or over it it that’s semi breathable, semi waterproof, and doesn’t catch every burr in the whole entire county. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First lite north branch might fit the bill. Maybe a little warm in September but I pretty much use them for what you describe.

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Personally, I didn’t care for my North Branch set. Too hot for me to hike with, and not enough wind blocking or insulation once stationary. I tend to bring other layers for those purposes.

I have the FL Obsidians and Prana Zions which would be similar to the FL Corrugate pants. I like the Obsidians for extended wear without a shower or wash but found myself wearing my Zions almost every hunt last season. They are just a durable, stretch nylon pant that burrs don’t bother and just slim enough to easily layer over. I have three seasons on mine and they’re almost like new. Ordered one size up and can get a light to mid merino base under them if needed. Alone they won’t block the elements, but again, I’ll bring my other layers as required for that.

Lowg08

WKR
I find myself wearing my obsidian or kanabs all the time. I have the new foundry obsidians and corrugate that will be here tomorrow. I’m hoping maybe the corrugates can fit the same area you are looking at

I run the catalyst from 10/1-about mid November in northern IL. Unworldly comfortable. Size up for layers.

OP
SigM1

SigM1

FNG
I run the catalyst from 10/1-about mid November in northern IL. Unworldly comfortable. Size up for layers.

Catalyst made by who?

I have both the FL corrugate and catalyst. I don’t wear the catalyst until November for whitetail hunting. I would go with the corrugate and add layers if I just wanted to use one.

SIR_34:16

FNG
You may want to look at Thiessens V1 midweight pants. They are a less expensive alternative and are currently running a 20% off sale right now. Not sure where you are located so they might be a little warm if you hunt down south. I use them for archery stand hunting in NW PA from early October through November.

Kryptek Dalibor pants. They are my most worn pants I have for hunting. I wear them pretty much all season in Nc. They are a tad warm in early September but I can take them until January with just some Merino bae layers.

Corrugate are the best pants I've had by far for early to mid season but you'd need to really layer up under them for late season

Lowg08

WKR
I just got my foundry pants (corrugate and obsidian) in this evening. I ordered my normal size of a 36waist. I normally wear a XLT so I got the 35 inseam. They fit great. I can even put on my wick bottoms and furnace bottoms under them while still tucking in my fuse top. So I’m good with them so far.

dhoshauer

FNG
If you find a pant that checks all those boxes, and is still quiet..please let me know. How hard are you going to use your gear and just as importantly what temp ranges will you have? Temps in PA are from 80s in September to 0 and snow late season. I've used first lite gear and I like it, but it wears much faster then sitka or kuiu. How far do you walk to your stand? 1 hr mountian hike or easy 5 minute walk across a field and? is room in your pack or weight important? All questions that are important to ask when selecting an all around pant and clothing system.

cciliske

FNG
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pants are my go to. Buy them on sale as you can usually find them under $50 at various times a year. Buy them with some space for layers and you can wear them in a Texas Summer all the way up to a winter hunt.

elliotsil

FNG
I run sitka timberlines pretty much the whole season. not too warm for September but the fit is loose enough that layering under is easy. Lot of functionality with the knee pads and waterproof seat too