Whitetail Tree Stand Hunting Pack?

Finally retired my Camelbak Striker last year. Picked up a used MR Scapegoat 25. Seems about perfect for me. My stands are set before season so it's just day stuff. In cold weather it's big enough for layers and thermos but compresses well otherwise. Little bulky for the times I use my Lone Wolf climber but those times are few. I strap the pack to the climber and have put mil-surp belt and shoulder harness on the climber. Rides well.

hey man,

been looking for a replacement camelbak striker for ages, would you be willing to sell yours?

Thanks

*zap*

WKR
I will be using a SG x-curve or older krux frame with a sky archer 6200 this season....from 9/16 till January. Compresses down to nothing and plenty of room for cold weather clothes. Won't be draggin any deer either. I have 3 camp pockets chained for small item organization and a few swing out pockets also plus a molle2 radio pouch up high on the frame under the pack body for my trimming stuff and bow holder. My assault, xop silver/maximus and my hand climber all fit under the pack body easily.....My cold weather outer layers can take up a lot of room......I am very happy with that pack body.

Kotaman

WKR
I liked the Sitka Tool Box for what it was designed for. Nice configuration for a treestand pack. Last year I went with the Kifaru Eastern Ruck and liked that as well. The Kifaru is better for me late season when I’m hauling more gear. Very functional pack...

Eberlestock X2 for basic back-and-forth (truck to treestand) hunting. This pack has served me well since its inception many years ago.

I love Mystery Ranch as a company. The Treehouse was about as completely wrong for me as a whitetail pack can get. The few times I carried it I was not pleased with the fabric and zipper noise. I think the best word to describe how it struck me was 'obnoxious'.

I demand quiet packs for deer hunting. To me there is little worse than being in a dark tree and listening to 500D pack-cloth scrape across my shoulders as I remove the pack.

What's looking good and functional for me this year is the Sitka Fanatic pack. I haven't owned a good fleece pack in many years, but nothing beats it for quiet use in a tree. Wool is the equal, but fleece is more versatile. I may be buying the Fanatic.

Last edited:

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a Tenzing 1200 for the last 5-6 years and it works great. I can fit everything I need for an all day sit and it is small enough that I can lash it to my lone wolf climber and pack in a good ways. I like the size of the pack, it keeps me from bringing too much but allows me to fit the essentials.

If I am going in with my climber for a short sit in the early season, I will use a small cabelas fanny pack instead.

I do 50/50 public/private, and cart my deer out of public and use an atv on private.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I recently got a Kifaru 26” tactical frame and cargo net with guide lid and two medium belt pockets. Was going to get the cargo panel instead but they quit making them before I made the order. It will carry anything you could possibly want to take. Ground blind, chair, heater body suit and still have room to get a quartered out deer out in one trip. Also works great to haul corn to the woods where an atv can’t make it.

ChrisAU

WKR
Really liking my Kuiu Stalker for tree stand hunting. It has compression straps that I use for a jacket, and plenty of room inside for gloves, saw, headwear, snacks etc. Won't quite cut it if you are trying to pack in down layers plus rain layers or full size bibs, but it works for me so far.

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Kifaru 44 Mag with a Sherman Pocket when I'm filming and/or have to pack in my bibs and coat. I'll use a Tenzing 2220 otherwise. Both have plenty of pockets to organize gear. The 44 Mag is just an awesome pack overall though -- extremely versatile and can compress down even when I don't have to bring a lot of extra gear.

djewell87

FNG
I've been using the Alps Pursuit pack for years and it's great. Has a fold out shelf that I leave open on the stand.

wesfromky

WKR
New Kifaru Stryker pack looks to be the answer. See some previews on IG/FB. Available to order early December.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of reasons why a bigger pack is necessary for me
1. Filming your hunts, camera, camera arm, assecories
2. Taking kids, extra clothing, food, gear
3. Late season, long walks so have to pack in outer layers plus the above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm right here with you. I sweat easily so I would rather wear minimal layers out and pack all my heavy stuff in a large pack. Especially when you put on outer layers that don't breath once you hit the stand.

TravisIN

WKR
Take a look at the kuiu venture 2300. It’s pretty sweet for treestand hunting. I also pack my lone wolf run and gun setup on it An
7ba9c7534429169d0a285c32e07a99fc.jpg
d works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flnative

FNG
Have heard good things about horn hunter G3’s just picked up a mystery ranch pop up for hauling tree stand and sticks around.

2Shea

FNG
I’ve had a badlands pack for years that I’ve put through hell whether it be treestand hunting or spot n stalk hunting for whitetail in the mountains. It’s held up amazing for me. I will probably upgrade in the near future but I can’t say one bad thing about that Badlands pack. I’ll always have it as my backup when I upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flnative

FNG
I’ve got the mystery ranch pop up and it’s about as perfect as it can get for what I wanted. Had the 28 and ended up the 18 FFC4A2EE-6D01-495F-A528-B52B7FC64B06.jpeg

I carry one pack for everything, Exo G3 4800. Adjustable for lots of stuff, or just a little. I do it to have consistent muscle memory and location of things in my pack. What I carry varies with hunt type, where and how I carry it is consistent.