Who are Kifaru’s new owners?

WKR
I'm thinking not only will they scale up to meet demand but they will also scale out to include for example a full clothing line. I guess it depends on how deep their pockets are.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I hope they do not scale out like SG did.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like my niche' companies to stay in their niche'. I'd think less of Western Mountaineering if they started making tents and packs...

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like my niche' companies to stay in their niche'. I'd think less of Western Mountaineering if they started making tents and packs...

I agree.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider

Like going to a restaurant that serves Chinese, Mexican, American, Korean, and Irish food. No way are they great at doing all those different types of food

It depends on the niche company. I think the majority of SG gear is very well thought out and happy to have someone like Kurt Racicot designing other gear. The puffys would be my first choice for backpacking down, pants are well thought out, forthcoming bino harness looks nice, sleeping bags are very nice, etc.

PredatorX

WKR
It all depends on whose pulling the strings at the company. The mountain man or the investors.

PredatorX

WKR
Advertising and promoting their gear to help them out is not starting a company though.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I've only ever heard him talk about starting Rokslide. He didn't start Kifaru nor any other company that I'm aware of.

Believe he was working construction before joining Kifaru then he was part of Rokslide’s creation, unless he kept it all quiet.

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
Advertising and promoting their gear to help them out is not starting a company though.

He just told me he helped them get up and running. Take it however you want. Not gonna go back and forth. Listen to a podcast......"I helped design this, I helped with that" dont get me wrong dude is smart as hell and enjoy the podcast and getting opinions on gear from a guy thats actually using it. But maybe humble is the word? 🤷‍♂️

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
Are you saying he started Wilderness Athlete or Kuiu or maybe MSR? Oh wait Sunnto? Did he create pine needles? Don’t leave us hanging throwing up this pic of all the companies he started.
You by chance read the previous post?

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
You by chance read the previous post?

Didn’t see it cause I was laughing 😂 all he did was use their gear and write reviews, maybe provide feedback just like many do with him for Kifaru that test gear, maybe he helped them get new customers because of this but guess many of us could say we helped get many companies on their feet and stay there, think context applies and you buying or using gear isn’t starting up a company and I’ve known Aron since pre Rokslide like many others.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh just ask him.....to many for me too remember

That’s the problem with smart alec comments on Rokslide, people take you seriously.

I’ve personally never heard him say the word “start“ referring to any hunting companies, except for this one.

But I do know he has put many on the map, including giving a huge boost to traditional archery. He’s a smart, interesting, person that people like to follow. So naturally many brands try to get him on board at some level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
That’s the problem with smart alec comments on Rokslide, people take you seriously.

I’ve personally never heard him say the word “start“ referring to any hunting companies, except for this one.

But I do know he has put many on the map, including giving a huge boost to traditional archery. He’s a smart, interesting, person that people like to follow. So naturally many brands try to get him on board at some level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You hit the nail on the head there