Who are Kifaru’s new owners?

Nah not true

Aron is a good dude and smart. Not sure on the other guys but friends who are the investors to make it happen. Kifaru was a unheard of company before Aron came along. Now they are well known and booming. I’m sure it’s only gonna get better from here

Maybe in the hunting world but not in military circles. Many serious backpackers were also aware since Kifaru came from the same man as Mountainsmith, super popular packs in their time (80s and 90s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe in the hunting world but not in military circles. Many serious backpackers were also aware since Kifaru came from the same man as Mountainsmith, super popular packs in their time (80s and 90s)

Yea I agree. Many were aware. Guess what I was saying as Just not near as popular as Kifaru is now days...but yea hunting community. I’ve been using Kifaru since they only had a few models and only offered in black. Patrick is a really awesome guy! A Genius and very humble.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys throw your panties on stage when Aron comes out?

Never met him...maybe he has that effect?

:unsure:

Have a little freaking respect. That dude’s done so much for the hunting industry, there’s no room for crap like this.I’m sick of the smart ass comments. Consider this one a warning

My apologies Robby.

I have enjoyed many of his podcasts and insights, I meant no disrespect. I was just poking at the fan club.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My apologies Robby.

I have enjoyed many of his podcasts and insights, I meant no disrespect. I was just poking at the fan club.

All right, all’s forgiven. It’s just if people don’t know us very well and that’s the first post that they see, then they try to turn this place into a crap show. Thank you

I’m a big smart Alec myself, but I’ve learned that it just doesn’t turn out well online.

S.Clancy

WKR
All right, all’s forgiven. It’s just if people don’t know us very well and that’s the first post that they see, then they try to turn this place into a crap show. Thank you

I’m a big smart Alec myself, but I’ve learned that it just doesn’t turn out well online.

I think a gif should be included when using sarcasm via internet. Example here...200.gif

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Buy-outs of innovative niche companies who serve a very unique audience who are willing to pay for value never go well.

Go from 3 stitch to 2, why can't we use a lesser zipper style, if we increase units sold by reducing cost can we get materials made overseas, etc, etc.

Ownership increases with additional investment, leverage the brand name, reduce cost, everyone needs "their" ROI.

Not a bad thing as an investor, not always good for the customer .....

ZDR

WKR
Again, a non starter for me. Arons been running the company for a few years. He has done a great job of building on what Patrick entrusted to him, growing and innovating it without losing the quality.

rayporter

WKR
Patrick is quite the man. and i would guess he is just going to retire cause he has been at this a while.

the first tipi i ever slept in was silver [ in the mid 80s] and the first one i bought was yellow. and i would not be surprised to hear he sewed them himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZDR
Buy-outs of innovative niche companies who serve a very unique audience who are willing to pay for value never go well.

Go from 3 stitch to 2, why can't we use a lesser zipper style, if we increase units sold by reducing cost can we get materials made overseas, etc, etc.

Ownership increases with additional investment, leverage the brand name, reduce cost, everyone needs "their" ROI.

Not a bad thing as an investor, not always good for the customer .....

I would usually agree with you 100% in most cases but with Aron’s reputation for independent testing to show what works best and the fact he has worked for Kifaru and been an integral part of the design I don’t get that vibe with this. I believe in this one Patrick groomed someone who he believed had the same quality values he had to have a succession plan and carry on his work.

One thing though is we don't know the new partners and can only hope that they have the same values and commitment that Aron has to the company. I also hope that Aron has for lack of a better word a 'Prenup" so that he won't lose the company if the others have different plans or want out so that the company and he do not get hurt.

Last edited:

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
I would usually agree with you 100% in most cases but with Aron’s reputation for independent testing to show what works best and the fact he has worked for Kifaru and been an integral part of the design I don’t get that vibe with this. I believe in this one Patrick groomed someone who he believed had the same quality values he had to have a succession plan and carry on his work.

That's good to hear. I was just starting to look into their products and found they were sold. have heard lots of good things about their products, hope they continue with the same biz model. Quality is hard to find.