Who ate the most tags last year?

I just got 13 resident BC tags and my hunting license for 2022...about $290 C. Not too bad considering sheep (one of either Stone, Bighorn or possibly a Dall if you draw a Dall LEH), moose, caribou, elk, 2 black bears, 2 whitetails, 1 mule deer, cougar, wolverine, lynx and bobcat. And I can shoot 3 wolves but they are not on tags for a resident. Could add a goat, a second mule deer, a bison (need LEH to hunt them) plus 5 Sitka Blacktail tags for Haida Gwaii.

I usually just buy all the tags I could ever plan to use in March. Then no chasing them down at the courthourse or via an online order, shipped by Canada Post. No license vendors in BC anymore.

Last edited:
6 total last year

1 CO LE elk tag (stings a little)
1 MN whitetail archery
1 MN whitetail firearm
1 MN whitetail muzzleloader
1 MN spring turkey
1 MN fall turkey

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
CO - Elk and deer archery - knee replacement early September
IL - Spring turkey - no time to hunt
IL - Deer archery - nothing but forkies and yearlinglys
IL - Deer shotgun - nothing but forkies and yearlinglys

This post hurts, but tag soup on:
MT Turkey
Elk
Wolf
Lion
Deer B
Bear

Daughter got her first Antelope
I got one Antelope and a young WT buck who wouldn’t leave me alone. He must of felt bad for all the tags I ate..

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I just got 13 resident BC tags and my hunting license for 2022...about $290 C. Not too bad considering sheep (one of either Stone, Bighorn or possibly a Dall if you draw a Dall LEH), moose, caribou, elk, 2 black bears, 2 whitetails, 1 mule deer, cougar, wolverine, lynx and bobcat. And I can shoot 3 wolves but they are not on tags for a resident. Could add a goat, a second mule deer, a bison (need LEH to hunt them) plus 5 Sitka Blacktail tags for Haida Gwaii.

I usually just buy all the tags I could ever plan to use in March. Then no chasing them down at the courthourse or via an online order, shipped by Canada Post. No license vendors in BC anymore.
I’ve heard enough! I’m moving up there !!! 😂I’m only 1/12 hours from the border. Kinda surprised you need a bobcat tag? We’re unlimited down here in season. I’m assuming it’s a permit for multiple bobcat not an individual tag?

No, it is just one bobcat for a hunter in BC and you buy a specific bobcat tag. Not sure on the trappers though, maybe unlimited?

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I went opposite kind of. I filled more tags than I ever have, but maybe should have been a little more conservative. I do have a lot of family around that like some meat in the freezer, but besides my general buck and bull (both about 3 years old), I filled 3 doe tags (1 pronghorn and 2 whitetail) and 1 cow tag.
I ate another cow tag and a bear tag.
Hoping to practice some self control and hold out for something a little bigger with my generals next fall

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
Just an OTC MT bear tag. I couldn't seem to draw a single tag last year. Hoping the draws treat me better this year...

MrRogers

FNG
Ate my MI deer and turkey tags. I came pretty close to filling that deer tag, though. Had what looked like a 130 at eight yards. But he came in directly behind the tree I was sitting in and I couldn't get a shot off.

kordo

FNG
2 deer tags
2 turkey tags
3 trapping tags
Silver lining of all those unfilled tags is that they were all instate, so at least the expensive ones got filled haha.

Hamsteak

FNG
Tag soup included 1 deer, 1 elk, 1 bear, 1 cougar, and 2 turkey. Hunted the hardest I have ever hunted and ended up only getting a grouse...

z987k

WKR
AK residents probably pay more to hunt each year then most NR hunting the lower 48.
I really doubt that. Like someone else said, usually a tank of gas or two is all we spend on hunting.
I think I had about 38 gallons into my moose and bou last year. Nothing else really cost anything.

z987k

WKR
Idk if other people do this, but I spend enough time outdoors in areas where stuff is open the vast majority of the year, I pretty much always print a harvest ticket for everything and keep that in my pack, rifle and knife come to just about every camp/adventure.
I rarely get something this way, but I want the ability should it arise. I also want to be able to shoot a bear without it being a DLP. So, most of those I never fill.