Who builds their own arrows?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Building up some Kinetic 200's tonight and was curious who else builds/fletches their own and who takes them to a shop?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Slow going with the Bitz, but it's done right!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359164812646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359164812646.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 184

AGPank

WKR
I use the Bitzenberg too. I really like VaneTec vanes, lots of options for target and hunting. I'm trying some new glue, by G-Team Pro. I was getting some inconsistency with Loc Tite super glue.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
As a beginner I gonna have someone build them for me. Still trying to find a reputable source. Thinking of going with Axis n fused.

Once I get dialed in, I'd like to start building my own. I'm DIY'er through and through.

sk1

WKR
i think im having the shop do them one last time for me......funny you should say that, i was just looking at the jojan 6 arrow jig, bitz, and other supplies.....and decided to hold out on my own arrow building supplies one last year as i have a big wish list for next season already! my shop does a pretty good job, but no one will do it better than yourself.....but i have 7 month to shoot them and find any lemons.

Craig4791

WKR
I started building my own last year after getting terrible service from the only shop within miles of me. I enjoy doing it and like the fact that I can now get the quality I want out of my arrows, squaring the shafts, the inserts, making sure there is no excess glue left over, spin testing ect.

This year I plan on learning to do all of my own bow tuning and setup. I bought an EZ press last year so now I just need to start tinkering!!

Whisky

WKR
I've fletched my own for a few years. But last year I broke down and bought a good quality arrow saw, bow press,, vise, basically my own mini archery shop. I'm still learning a lot of the tuning stuff on bows, but arrows are easy. This was basically done out of necessity because there are no competent shops I trust near me.

Whisky

WKR
This year I plan on learning to do all of my own bow tuning and setup. I bought an EZ press last year so now I just need to start tinkering!!

That's a good press. I got the EZ Green and really like it. I watched a lot of YouTube videos, and did a lot of searching on Archery Talk. If you have a question, it's been asked, and answered. Be careful though with what you see on Youtube, some guys know what they're doing, some act like they know what they're doing. I know there is one or two guys on Archery Talk who have made their own tuning videos. I'd recommend you track one of them down when it comes time to start tinkering.

CaseyU

WKR
It only feels right to do my own. If i do my own i can make sure each arrow is the EXACT same. And come on who does not like prettying up some arrows ;)

Ozz08

WKR
I fletch my own. I usually make an afternoon of it. 12 arrows and a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada. For some reason arrows 8-12 always end up with the vanes backward!

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
I build my own as well, I have an Apple arrow saw, so cutting them is easy. I fletch with Rayzor feathers, and a Bohning Blazer jig.

vcb

WKR
Just did a half dozen carbon injections tonight. Have always built my own arrows. Just feel better about doing them myself