Who camps?

Looking at trying to pickup some leftovers in SE Wyoming this year and was just wondering who all camps up there while chasing goats and who stays in a hotel? Trying to make the trip as cheap as possible.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
You should check with the local authorities I think it can change depending on where your at. The unit we hunt is mostly blm and we camp because an hour to town is too far to drive for me. Plus if you get the right spot you can grill lunch at camp and spot antelope at the same time.

mtmiller

WKR
Last two times to WY for lopes, I just set up a cot along side the pick up at sunset. I certainly didn't have to find a good spot for a tent and set up and break down was a couple minutes. September weather was very cooperative.

ssliger

WKR
Camping is not allowed on State Land. But sometimes they overlook it. But I would stick to camping on blm and nf land. Where are you going to be hunting? I live in SE Wyoming.

Feel free to shoot me a pm as well. I live in Casper and sometimes there are quite a few leftover tags around here. I would say between Laramie and Casper will be your best bet. Also, there is quite a bit of land you would be able to camp on. I would camp if I were you. Depending on the area you choose you may have to worry about rattlesnakes. I have lived in Wyo all my life and have yet to see one (knock on wood). Good luck!

OP
quackaddict
I'm not too worried about rattlesnakes. Don't like them, but it comes with the territory.

I'll be sure to shoot you a PM too if I can pull this off. Thanks.