Who carries a possibles pouch?

Like the mountain men of the earlier days, a possibles pouch was important to many and carried many important things for them for their travels in the wild. Do any of you guys carry one now days? and if so what do you carry in them?

My possible pouch travels with me when ever I am in the woods. My possible pouch is a kifaru pull out. I carry a list of essential things that I might need. Superglue, duct tape, permanent marker, ibprofen, p-cord, swiss army knive, havalon knife and extra blades, spare batteries, H2O purification tablets, fire starting gel, lighters, etc.
IMG_0667_zps2b6d3326.jpg

I call mine a "Survival Kit" but yeah... same concept and general content.

Besides the stuff you have, mine also has a mini first aid kit, compass, signal mirror and quikclot. All packaged in a small sil-nylon bag dry sack. Whole kit weighs right at 16 oz and I've used the contents many many times.

Yk

Daniel_M

WKR
I can be in the boondocks in 20 minutes with minimal cell coverage.

I always carry my pack when I head out from the house. Fire starter, satphone, basic first aid, head lamp and some pcord. For winter I add my mh compressor pants, hat, thick gloves and snow pants.

unm1136

WKR
I am in the process of changing mine up a little. I just scored a Kifaru EMR, used with tons of bells and whistles. While heavy for what it is and what it does I want to actually use the XTL, and it is not the most efficient space for weight on the pack. I figure that using a few lock and loads and a small KU pod on the PALS webbing I can have possibles, butchering, first aid, and hygene in a convienient waist bag that rides on the very top of my pack while running around, and clicks off easily and carries with the bandolier kit any time I dump the pack. I plan on attaching two 500d pouches to the very top exterior of the XTL to have a rabbit ears effect for using as a rifle rest, either sitting attached to the pack or with my possibles XTL detatched. Like all my other hunting stuff, not the lightest weight, but making due with what I can afford, since the multicam pack with all bells and whistles was purchased from fleabay for about 40% of retail. I will upgrade components annually.

pat

Essentials for water, fire, shelter, food, signalling, first aid, and misc tools go in two quart size zip lock baggies that ride in my cargo pockets.

IMG_0056.jpgIMG_0058.jpg

I built a survival pouch last year that I now carry in my pack at all times. Im happy with what I put together but im always looking for improvements...

- Water purifation: Aquamiram pro water filter, water tablets, platypus bottle
- First aid pouch: moleskin, med tape, ointments, assorted tablets, antacids, gauze pads, bandaids, steristrips.
- Survival pouch: 10ft paracord, 3 wetfires, lighter, ducttape around a credit card, 2 havalon blades.
- Leatherman Blast
- Sunscree, Chapstick, Browning hat clip light

Yes, I carry a possibles pouch. It all goes right into my chamber pocket in my pack and never leaves it. I have a SOG multitool, 25 ft paracord, Water Purification, 1 Bic Lighter, Cotton Balls with Vaseline. Spare lithium Batters, my first aid kit and a SPOT 2.