Who changed back after using a quivalizer?

So I took the dive in to archery last week and am still gathering a few things to round out my bow setup. Right now my main sticking point is do I go with a traditional quiver and stabilizer setup, or go into the quivalizer family. I know the quivalizer will be cheaper, but I am not worried about that.

I see a lot of people love them, and a lot hate them. So for you that tried one and went back to a traditional setup, what made you do so?

And Incase you are wondering, I am looking at the bee stinger microhex and a tight spot going onto my 31.5 VXR if I don't go to the quivalizer.

This would be for chasing MT and WY elk and mule deer mostly.

TIA.

Moneyball

WKR
I have my setup for elk hunting as well. I went beestinger/tight spot to quvalizer and back to beestinger/tight spot. The main reason that I returned to the tight spot was a combination of things:
1) my shooting form, I like to let the bow fall forward after the shot, this would cause my nocks to hit my bow arm. Just my form, may not be an issue for others.
2) During a rest period, I like to let my bottom cam sit on the front of my thigh. With the quivalizer my nocks were sticking into my thigh and that would cause arrows to pop out of the quivalizer sometimes.
3) Hopefully it wouldn’t have to happen but I feel much more efficient and confident in nocking a follow up second arrow out of the TS than I did the quivalizer.

I’m not hating on the quivalizer, it’s a great design and if those issues wouldn’t have happened I would’ve stuck with it. It just did not work for me.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
Buy one new or used and try it out- if you don't like it- resell it, they go pretty fast with little or no money lost depending on what you paid. Opinions on this are going to be across the board. Personally, I did the same thing, I really like it and am keeping it. Pin float is smaller diameter, balance is perfect. Also makes a great arm brace for walking with your bow.

Vandal 44

WKR
The great thing about the Quivalizer is that it can be run as “traditional quiver” or out front like a stabilizer. I run my Quivalizer both ways depending on where I am hunting. If I am hunting elk up north Idaho in thick nasty stuff I run it like a “traditional quiver” if I am chase mule deer then I run it up front like a stabilizer

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I have used mine for a year now, my initial setup was beestinger micro hex 10/8 with the Mathews quiver the quick detach one. I have a Mathews Halon 32 also. My bow felt like a gun at that point. When I went to the quivalizer with it full of arrows, I was able to drop two pounds off my bow, so that’s the first positive. Where I hunt, the topo is pretty steep and there’s quite a bit of deadfall in places, so when stepping over trees, or going up a steep slope I’m able to shove the front of the quivalizer in the ground and use it kind of like a walking stick, second positive. When taking an arrow out and knocking it due to where the quivalizer is attached you never have to cross your string so you’re less likely to touch your broadhead to string in a rush situation, third positive. As stated above you can also run it as a traditional quiver, so it’s more compact when packing it. I would say try it out, it’s not for everyone, you could sell it quick most likely if it doesn’t work for you.

OP
5 shot group
Thanks guys, I think I am going to pick up one used. That way if I don't like it, hopefully I could sell it for what I paid.

rclouse79

WKR
I have my setup for elk hunting as well. I went beestinger/tight spot to quvalizer and back to beestinger/tight spot. The main reason that I returned to the tight spot was a combination of things:
1) my shooting form, I like to let the bow fall forward after the shot, this would cause my nocks to hit my bow arm. Just my form, may not be an issue for others.
2) During a rest period, I like to let my bottom cam sit on the front of my thigh. With the quivalizer my nocks were sticking into my thigh and that would cause arrows to pop out of the quivalizer sometimes.
3) Hopefully it wouldn’t have to happen but I feel much more efficient and confident in nocking a follow up second arrow out of the TS than I did the quivalizer.

I’m not hating on the quivalizer, it’s a great design and if those issues wouldn’t have happened I would’ve stuck with it. It just did not work for me.

Best of luck!

I was having some similar issues due to the nocks sticking out past the string. I bought a limbsaver stabilizer extender for $14 instead of ordering the longer carbon bar. Now the nocks are out of the way and I get a little extra vibration dampening and rotational inertia. You end up getting used to anything, but I found a noticeable slowing of my pin movement when I first put it on. It is also great if you have an hha slider sight like mine, because a tight spot is not compatible without an adapter.
983A1D62-2497-45AB-A680-7381426253B7.jpeg