Who did you meet hunting this year?

I met a couple of guys from this forum that were from KC. Great guys, I wished I would have had the time to hunt with them.

Met up with @c-hunts 68 on a Colorado deer hunt when he offered I post up in camp next to them. He and his hunting partner tagged nice bucks. We hunted together and they tried talking me into a last day little 4 pointer but I passed. They almost had me convinced!

Great dudes! Great hunters. Great thread here.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Not a soul......not even an airplane flying over.......12 days.......just the way I like it.
With gratitude I can say same, same...for a couple of weeks...year after year. It's worth every penny and ounce of effort to make it happen!

...actually as I think more, I did see a distant small aircraft or two in the air during that time, but it didn't stand-out in my mind because we had hundreds and hundreds of ducks, geese, and swans flying overhead so often.

Kaleb W

FNG
Met a nice couple that recently moved to the US from Eastern Europe. They were scouting for their moose tag as I was on top of the mountain glassing for brown bears. Their dog ran up the hill to say hi to me (10/10 good boy) so I walked down and chatted with them for a while and told them about some nice bulls and many cows I'd seen since the morning.

I love these short interactions and it's fun to point nice people in the right direction. I hope they got that big stud of a bull on the opener! Their handsome retriever was a 10/10 good boy too.

OP
MuleyFever
I almost forgot about my late season NV hunt last year. I posted about it on another thread but to add to here I met some more good people. First morning I met a guy helping his friend find his daughters buck from the night before. Very friendly guy that gave me a good overview of where I was. A few days later I met 2 guys that helped me pull my SXS out of the drift I buried it in. They offered to put me on a buck they had bedded that wasnt quite big enough for them. I asked about the size and told them thanks but I had a few more days to hold out. That same evening I ran into another local guy that had a tag after my season so he was out scouting and keeping en eye out for what bucks got killed. He actually gave me the tip that led to my buck. Then lastly I met a couple of guys from CA that gave me a ride back up the mountain to get my ride after packing my deer out. The hunter had drawn the PIW (I think thats what it is called) tag. I gave him some advise on where I had seen some good sign. Hope he got a good one. Some good people out there if you keep an open mind.

I met a couple guys on the mountain this year that we’re awesome to hang out with. We all still keep in touch and possibly will hunt together again in the next few years. One of them is possibly coming to fill my hunt this year if I draw the tag I want in Colorado. He also helped me out last year on packing my bull out. The other one got his first bivy camp experience coming along with me for a night before the snow pushed Ilya off the mountain a bit.

Not literally who, as in names anyone would know. Every year we usually run into hunters though. Last year I met a guy that I posted a story about that helped me out.

This year I was in the Gunnison area hunting deer. I met 9 hunters, all hunting elk. The interesting thing is all 9 were from WI. The first 4 were in the way into an area I was leaving. I told them where I saw elk sign and the told me where they saw some bucks. The next guy was hunting solo. Then there were the 4 guys camped at the trail head that have been in that unit every year for 25 years. They invited me for dinner and we shared stories and what we saw. They actually pointed me in the direction of some deer as well. Meeting good people on the mountain, or trail head, can be a cool bonus.
I meet a very nice young man on another forum that invite me on a deer hunt to Oregon . We did get our bucks on that trip but we had fun. He introduced me to a couple other guys that live in Oregon also. Meeting other like minded people is always fun.

Mosby

WKR
I met zero people....but I also met zero animals(other then cows....lots of cows). Guessing that might have been why there was no hunters in the area. At least the cows where kind of friendly and would push their head into my 4runner while I was taking a nap in it.
I hate seeing cows when I am hunting. Better than wolves though.

andrew j

FNG
I meet an old man while scouting for moose, He is way older than me but can't forget the good time we had