Who else has caught the Rona?

Sadler

WKR
So I finally got the Rona. While traveling for work no less and am now stuck in a hotel room to quarantine for the next ten days before I can travel home.

Anyways, I thought my allergies were acting up yesterday so I took some antihistamine and it cleared up my headache, cough and runny nose after a few hours so I figured I was good. Due to flying and where I am, my wife told me I should get tested just to be sure before I fly home so I figured why not, I’ll head over to the nearest clinic and knock one out. About an hour later a woman in damn near a full hazmat suit walks into my room and tells me I’m positive for Covid.

So for you guys that have had this, what was your experience with it? Mild, bad, horrible? Luckily everything seems pretty mild for me.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Friend had it, said it was a bitch. He was real sick for ten days, with lesser symptoms for a few more. Still tested positive after 18 days, Got negative test two days ago and agin today. Take care and get well soon.

My case was pretty mild. First two days I had body aches and a fever. After that I had a sore throat for 2-3 days and then it went away. Luckily enough this took place right after the first good snow melt in my area and I spent most of those 10 days away from work looking for shed antlers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
First case last year, felt fine so I elk hunted during my quarantine. This year, it was just as easy. Pretty much just trying not to get others sick.

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve actually had it twice. Once back in February. That time was really bad. Lost my taste and smell for over a month. And for 3 days it felt like no matter what I did I COULD NOT get warm. Had a mild fever, kinda stuffy, and just felt like crap. The most recent time wasn’t bad at all though. Honestly it just felt like allergies or a slight sinus infection. And that’s what I thought it was because I seem to get a sinus infection about this time every year and once in the spring when everything starts blooming. No fever, no aches, nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did a home test this morning and it said to wait 15 minutes for results. That pink line lit up immediately for a positive test. Came home yesterday with body aches and a sore throat. Had some chills through the night and was sweating. Never had a fever in the 10 times I took my temp before bed. Guessing I had a minor fever and broke it. Never had an indication of a fever today. I still eat when and what I want and don’t get sick. I seem to have mild symptoms at this point, knock on wood.

I just got over it. Low grade fever for four days and body aches. Got a little congested after that but that was the worst of it. Lost my smell and taste after the fever and am getting that back now a week later.

ewade07

WKR
Had it opener of rifle season last year, got the call when i was on my way out. I had slight body aches and one night of sweats. never thought anything of it until i lost my taste and smell. went and got tested then. I didnt cancel my elk trip. Funny thing is i went with my little brother and shared close quarters but he never got it. Taste and smell was back after a week, no lasting effects.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Got it just a little less than a year ago. Had aches in my back and legs. Didn’t know I had it until I lost my taste and smell for maybe 3 days. Light go for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLATHEAD

WKR
Pretty sure we've had the original recipe and now the xtra crispy for the past 3 WEEKS.
The 2nd time around has def. been worse. Very weak, aches, nausea.
Started out I thinking I had a sinus infection. Morphed in to WTH.
But hey, feeling fine now. Good to go.
Un Vaxed BTW,,,,,got me some antibodies now!!

Last edited:

robtattoo

WKR
I suffer from recurrent cellulitis so fevers, for me, are no stranger. I've not had a flare up in years so last August (I think) when I had a mild, 6hr fever (not unusual for me) I got tested a few days later & showed antibodies. Test showed positive for them. That was it for me. 6hr delirious fever, no further symptoms.
I'm not 100% certain I believe the test.

Calcoyote

FNG
Was exposed on May 21 and started having symptoms May 25. I spent 5 days in the hospital. My wife spent 3 days in the same hospital. When she was admitted her fever was 104.2.

The good news is that 2 months later I am back to riding 15.4 miles per day on my bike. I do that 4 days a week. Feel great.

CoStick

WKR
So I finally got the Rona. While traveling for work no less and am now stuck in a hotel room to quarantine for the next ten days before I can travel home.

Anyways, I thought my allergies were acting up yesterday so I took some antihistamine and it cleared up my headache, cough and runny nose after a few hours so I figured I was good. Due to flying and where I am, my wife told me I should get tested just to be sure before I fly home so I figured why not, I’ll head over to the nearest clinic and knock one out. About an hour later a woman in damn near a full hazmat suit walks into my room and tells me I’m positive for Covid.

So for you guys that have had this, what was your experience with it? Mild, bad, horrible? Luckily everything seems pretty mild for me.
Heal quickly

Wrench

WKR
I had it. It was a headache and felt less than great for a couple days. I took ivermectin early. My wife slept next to me and never got it...my kids did. No symptoms on the kids.

jmez

WKR
I had it. I had a mild runny nose for about 4 days. I wouldn't have given it a second thought had I not known I was exposed.

I got it from a buddy at a kids wrestling tournament. About 20 of us sitting around a table all evening. I was playing cribbage with three guys that had it. I was the only one at the table that got it. No doubt from the cards.

My wife and kids never got it. We didn't do any sort of quarantine or distancing.

I never gave it to as anyone else

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
I don't think I read it here, but were any of you guys that had covid vaccinated? If so, when and with what vaccine?

I'm hoping to travel to Caribbean with wife soon, we're both vaxed but at this point wonder if that will even make a difference, maybe keep us from really feeling rotten.

Did pick up ivermectin today for prophylactic use. We'll start Monday.

ODB

WKR
I don't think I read it here, but were any of you guys that had covid vaccinated? If so, when and with what vaccine?

I'm hoping to travel to Caribbean with wife soon, we're both vaxed but at this point wonder if that will even make a difference, maybe keep us from really feeling rotten.

a good friend was vaxxed with Moderna and tested positive for Delta variant Monday. headache, loss of taste/smell but was back working yesterday feeling fine.

don’t forget the vitamin D. It’s more of a hormone than a typical vitamin. It’s hard to believe after a year of this crap our vaunted health professionals are not more forthcoming with immune-strengthening supplements.

JakeSCH

WKR

The guy referenced in comment #2 had moderna. He is a guide and it kicked his butt.

Most bad cases are unvaxed, but it can hit anyone.