Who else love merino wool?

Almost always I was wearing wool clothing for hunting. Last year I decided it’s time to retire my old clothing. Nothing was wrong with it except it was wear out like hobo style. So I jump on badlands deal last year. Of course missing spring time due to cancellation and etc. Finaly last weekend I was able to try out badlands gear. And Im ain’t happy, not because it was bad. It perform as it was designed for, but comfort level was not what I get use to it.
Now need to restock my gear budget way no Kuiu etc. All ideas are welcome solids are OK.
Idea on sale price of 1 time used hunting clothing 80 70 60 % what I payed for.
Thank you all.

If you like wool then First Lite. I’m thinking hard of making an order. I tried their stuff in at the hunt expo this year and loved it. But you need to call and talk about sizing with them or use their charts. I wear XL in all shirts etc and usually pants but with first lite i wear Large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you are going to get what you pay for in terms of quality and being comfortable. I wasn't able to sit nearly as long in treestands or hike nearly as far until I switched over to sitka gear and first lite clothing. On that note, watch camofire and you will get amazing deals. Sitka Saturdays are usually loaded with sitka deals. If merino wool base layers is what you are after, check out black ovis. It's almost the same stuff and they even have better deals on all that on camofire.com. moisture management has been key in my success and staying comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thanks I will check them out. And I’m after base layer, hoodie, long sleave and regular t-shirts.

OP
D
If you like wool then First Lite. I’m thinking hard of making an order. I tried their stuff in at the hunt expo this year and loved it. But you need to call and talk about sizing with them or use their charts. I wear XL in all shirts etc and usually pants but with first lite i wear Large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you

bluumoon

WKR
If you are healthcare or military check out expertvoice.com. Lots of great discounts on gear

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
I would go with first lite. Really solid clothing for base layers and wool. I’ve heard of good things about black ovis. Haven’t tried it. I plan on picking some up on camo fire. Had a buddy say he wore out his Sitka wool pants. But he’s a bigger guy and his thighs rub. My first lite haven’t done that yet that I’ve notice and they are 7 years old.

Beendare

WKR
I typically wear a merino LS shirt on early season elk hunts....good stuff.

all of the major mnfrs are good. You can find cheaper stuff on places like Sierra trading....Red Ram is the icebreaker off brand stuff...its good....... solid colors though.

______

I like First Lite Merino base layers For my Tops. I can get them in Camo and comes in handy if I’m down to the base layer only during a hunting situation.

Although I have some First Lite merino bottoms. I personally find the Minus33 merino bottoms for me better and are a tad bit more comfy than FL. Obviously the bottoms do not have to be camo. Minus 33 is about 25/30 percent cheaper too.

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks I will check them out. And I’m after base layer, hoodie, long sleave and regular t-shirts.
For those items I would watch camofire for Black Ovis stuff. Comes up pretty frequently and I have several pieces I'm happy with.

IMO first lite is top of the line wool, especially thier aerowool, but you'll pay more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

saltfork

Lil-Rokslider
I love my First Lite merino base layers, have several pieces, light and medium weight. Been using them for a few seasons, and I rarely go afield without at least one of them.

jikkyo

FNG
Don’t discount the regular backpacking/hiking brands. My icebreaker 200/260 baselayers have held up amazing for years. No piling and very soft materials. I’m sensitive to the wool itch even with merino and the icebreaker stuff never makes me itch.

Good sales can be found regularly too.