Who Has The Oldest Bow?

I have my dad's old Darton compound that he bought in the 1970's. I'd hunt with it but the draw length is crazy long. I'd like to identify what model it is to know a little more about it, but he spray painted it camo! It hangs in my shop.

Btaylor

WKR
Recently twisted up a new string for my Dad's Bear Kmag that is a mid to late 60's model. Just not sure I want to risk hunting with it though. Would be devastating to damage it. Still have my PSE Fire Flight and a hunt ready Matthews LX. Current compound is an Obession Knightmare.

Jbxl20

WKR
I’m currently shooting and hunting with a 2011 Bowtech invasion cpx. Will be shooting it at TAC in June and taking it to Colorado in September.

Smada962

FNG
I bought a Bowtech Commander brand new in January of 2008, used it until it blew up on me shooting 3d late last summer. It just fit me like a glove and I had great success with it. My current bow is now less than a year old.

Recently twisted up a new string for my Dad's Bear Kmag that is a mid to late 60's model. Just not sure I want to risk hunting with it though. Would be devastating to damage it. Still have my PSE Fire Flight and a hunt ready Matthews LX. Current compound is an Obession Knightmare.
My first bow was a PSE Fire Flight 33 and my second bow was a Mathews LX! I wish that I still had the LX!

Hunt mainly with a Mathews 2012 Heli-M. I have a Bear EPIC Extreme from 2002 and I still have a Hoyt Ram I bought in 1984. Time for a new Bow

Gila

WKR
2007 Bowtech Tribute. New strings and a new sight...going after my first choice NM mule deer. Built a dozen hunting arrows last year.

88man

FNG
Bucks Sporting goods> he has bows in there from the 1990's still hanging with the original price tag

1999 Parker Force Multiplier: backup bow and still gets about a hundred dozen arrows a year put through it. It was retired as the primary in 2019 when I purchased a 7 year old Hoyt.

Last edited:

CMF

WKR
12-year old Mathews DXT will be seeing its 13th season this year. It's taken at least 10 whitetails and one elk.
I go shoot the new ones every year and like the recent one, but just can't see spending the money with all the other stuff I want.

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
2010 Mathews Z7....still wacks em like the day I bought it!

This past November...

73b7455f4cbd44c8bf3f93b55e2a6607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few bears from the 60's, several more from the 70's. I kinda collect them. Too scared to hunt much with them but I do shoot them some, just not that well.

I do have a widow from '98 that I hunt with a good bit. That's getting towards 25 years old now, tho not there yet.

Bucks Sporting goods> he has bows in there from the 1990's still hanging with the original price tag

That’s where I bought my HC Excalibur. Lived in Albrightsville in 92 and 93. He had this bow hanging there since then. I wanted it so bad then but had two toddlers and couldn’t afford a new bow then.

Went back in the area in 2012 and stopped in and it was like walking through a time warp back to 92. The bow I lusted after 20 years before was hanging on the rack. I had to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkhntr08

WKR
Hope my wife never finds outs that some of you are hunting with 12-15 year old bows, I’ll never be able to convince her I need a new bow.
Seriously, she’d say buy one every month. Using a Axius Ultra this year. Still shooting my 2012 Answer that,,, my wife bought me.

DanimalW

WKR
2014 Bowtech Experience - still shoots great. I don’t mind upgrading every 7-10 years (I’m due soon I guess) for a bow since it’s my weapon of choice that I use for 90% of my big game hunting. I’d sell a rifle to buy a new bow any day.