Who here is into black guns?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's see what you got!

Sorry for poor picture quality

Bcm 16"mid length, aimpoint compm4, vltor stock, surefire x300 light, magpul ms3 sling, bcm gunfighter grip.
da41b81f.jpg

b07c5c07.jpg

I've really gotten into them lately and took my first class the other day, it was great!

Very nice Rifle DR! Quality pieces all the way around... One thing I would suggest to you is to check out the Blue Force Gear slings. I have a modified one on my bolt gun and I absolutely love it for competition. They are the bees knees and not too overly priced either! Both their single point and 2-point slings are awesome!

I'm working on and waiting on parts to put together my own Seekins precision AR... parts on back order really put a damper in thing and while I have an AR or two in stock, they are a bit out of my own price range... ;)

Mike

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks mike! I had a chance to snag a free bfg 2 point and I didn't do it. Kickin myself. I'm really liking the ms3s versatility though.

After what Obama said today on weapons ban, I tried ordering another bcm lower to register as sbr but out of stock! I tried ordering a suppressor and out of stock! Funny thing is, on the lower I checked last week to see if they were in stock and they were.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Here's mine. It's not black though.
Remington R15 with 22" fluted barrel. It has a Geissele 2 stage trigger set at 8oz.
Scope is a Leupold LPS 3.5-14x50

IMG_3939.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

First coyote 323yds
FirstCoyotewithR15-1.jpg

I don't have any pics but I have 2 identical RRA Entry Tactical rigs in the safe. Why 2 you ask?
I am a died in the wool blued steel and beautiful walnut type of guy. We purchased the black gun after trying a bunch of options; AK's, FAL's, several AR's at a Kifaru Rondy. During our (my wife and I) first range session with the new gun to get it sighted and learn a little about this new platform, my wife sort of assimilated the gun into her possession and began speaking of it as her gun. She wants a modular forearm, vertical grip, light, optics the whole nine yards. (Yeah, a beautiful problem to have...a wife who likes guns, likes to shoot and wants to spend money on the hobby!)
Anyway, I wanted just a straightforward, stripped down simple tactical tool, so I had to buy another one:) When she gets hers all decked out to her satisfaction, we'll post up some pics.

Just found out today my flutted barrel came in. It is for an ARP 6.8 18"er. Will sit on top of a RRA lower, and a Geissel 3 gun trigger. Finished loading up 100 Hornady 120 SST, sitting on SSA brass. Should have it next Friday. Will post pictures then. This will pull double duty on hogs and deer.

AZ Vince

WKR
I use one at work and have a Colt 6920 at home for home defense and practicing.
Nothing fancy, just changed the foregrip to a Magpul, added an EOTec red dot, and a flip up Magpul rear sight. I also added a Surefire flashlight to the side that I activate with my thumb.
As far as rifles of this type go it's nothing fancy and I don't need it to be. It put the bullets where I aim them and is reliable. That's all I ask for. I don't care for them for hunting as I'm an old Elmer Fudd but I won't stand in your way if you desire to use one. I'm thinking of building one for longer range stuff, like prairie dogs.

A little suprised to see a blackgun thread here. Hunting is one of my passions, when not chasing critters I'm shooting 3-gun. If I spent more time scouting, I might be a little better off during season.
Theres a DPMS .308 with a swaro 1-6BRTi, 18" barrel, Miculek comp, JP trigger, Mapul and Vtac stuff
BCM 16", geissele trigger, AA comp, Aimpoint comp.
JP precision, 18", geiselle trigger, Magpul stock, swaro 1-6BRTi

Attachments

• 3-GUN guns 005.jpg
    3-GUN guns 005.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 26
Just found out today my flutted barrel came in. It is for an ARP 6.8 18"er. Will sit on top of a RRA lower, and a Geissel 3 gun trigger. Finished loading up 100 Hornady 120 SST, sitting on SSA brass. Should have it next Friday. Will post pictures then. This will pull double duty on hogs and deer.

I have a pair of ARP 16" 6.8 uppers both sitting on Stag lowers with RRA parts kits and Timney triggers. The kids has a A2 grip for his smaller hands and mine wears a MOE. Both are topped with a Vortex Viper 2-7x32 in Burris PEPPR mounts and shoot better than I do. Harrison knows what he is doing when it comes to building AR's!

My groundhog gun. Rra v4 varmint with a vortex 4-12 scope.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346695143171.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346695143171.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 16
I have a pair of ARP 16" 6.8 uppers both sitting on Stag lowers with RRA parts kits and Timney triggers. The kids has a A2 grip for his smaller hands and mine wears a MOE. Both are topped with a Vortex Viper 2-7x32 in Burris PEPPR mounts and shoot better than I do. Harrison knows what he is doing when it comes to building AR's!

Yup Yup. I should get my upper this week, I hope. It will get some work this year on deer, hogs, and bears o my. What bullets are you shooting?

For those of you interested, I just got in a few Seekins SP223 lowers today and they are NICE! If you aren't familiar with Seekins Precision, do a few google searches or go read up on them on AR15.com or SnipersHide... top notch stuff! They are listed on my site under AR15 Accessories! :)

Mike