Who is ready to DELETE Facebook?

Dobermann

WKR
But going ahead after deleting it, facebook shouldn't be able to gather more data about you or will they? I'm deleting everything by tomorrow evening and figuring out what search engine to use as I know using Google Chrome isn't a good option and neither is any Microsoft or amazon platforms.

Yes, they can (and do) still gather data about you - even if you don't use FB.

Every site that has an FB icon tracks your IP address, and FB knows you've been there - think every online shopping store, every hunting and outdoor goods site that has a 'Find us on FB' button, and so on. So if you purchase items from shops that use FB (which is almost all of them), the fact you visit their sites will be tracked by FB - even if you don't click on any FB buttons on those stores' stites, and even if you don't look at their FB pages.

And that's only the sites you can see ... many companies place third party cookies on completely unrelated sites - news sites, discussion boards, and more. You don't know the cookie is there, and you don't give consent to have your info sent to a third party. But the companies can then track your visits to multiple sites. From about 2012 to 2019, Mozilla had an extension (first called Collusion, then Lightbeam; both now not supported) that allowed you to see the large network of sites that tracked your browsing across the web ... it was downright scary.

Thess87

WKR
I started using duck duck go after reading about it on here and it’s pretty cool have it show you how many servers it blocked when you go to a website. It blocks 12 servers just when I com to the rokslide page.

I started using duck duck go after reading about it on here and it’s pretty cool have it show you how many servers it blocked when you go to a website. It blocks 12 servers just when I com to the rokslide page.

Can you set up duck duck go as a browser on your pc? I have it on my iPhone now, and use it as my search engine on my phone and desktop, but still have to abscess it through another browser.

I’ve used Firefox for years, but would like to switch from them as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DuaneZ

FNG
Dumped it 3 years ago, Instagram a year ago and love YouTube but know their policies are headed down the same tracks.

One buddy jokes he only has FB for Marketplace Classifieds. While there are great deals from people on skid row or selling stolen goods; you can’t sell arrow vanes, an archery target (let alone the bow, arrows, etc) because it goes against their violence policy.

The only reason I use FB is for Marketplace. I just sold arrows on FB marketplace a few weeks ago. They were listed for a couple months, and notifications to pull it down.

Thess87

WKR
Can you set up duck duck go as a browser on your pc? I have it on my iPhone now, and use it as my search engine on my phone and desktop, but still have to abscess it through another browser.

I’ve used Firefox for years, but would like to switch from them as mentioned above.

Not sure I only have internet on my phone. Don’t have a pc.

We have a neighborhood facebook page which is useful for daily news that is too local for the local newspaper.
Which roads have been plowed, who has been to town, lynx sightings, overflow trail conditions, etc.

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
Deleted that garbage 3 years ago, and I'm a much happier person since then. Cut the cord with cable about the same time. We stream all of our TV now, and do not watch any mainstream media either.

Interesting that you guys are talking about this. I just decided to delete mine today but I'm gathering contact info for people I'd like to stay in contact with before I get rid of it. I've never been able to be myself on there anyway because of my employment and not wanting to get cancelled so why do I need it? The sensoring was the last straw for me.

I envy you guys being able to delete FB. Unfortunately I’m an admin on nonprofit webpage and have to be on it every day. FB has benefited our org tremendously and I am constantly deleting and blocking leftist political spam...

Nuke Man

WKR
For y'all thinking you deleted it, you only basically just paused it. I deleted my fb account back last September. My kids have fb messenger for kids that I put on their tablets to stay in touch with cousins and all. Well something happened and I had to put in my username and password to get it working again. Same username password my fb was. Few days go bye and my wife says hey your fb is back on. I checked and sure as shit my page was back on right where I left off. Kinda crazy but dont once think your info is gone.

Well before I deleted my account I went in and deleted all of my photos and posts so hopefully that is gone. FB says it sits there in like a dormant status for 30 days in case you change your mind. We'll see I gues