Who is ready to DELETE Facebook?

robtattoo

WKR
The idea that censoring people from one thought and allowing the people from the opposite thought is absurd. Crazy how BLM and Antifa are supported by the media while they censor others. Anyway - Facebook, Twitter, Google, all controlled and restricted. Same as MSM not telling you the whole story or providing the true facts, but instead opinions. Telling you what they want you to believe.

Last summer (2020) someone did a survey and most folks said that they wanted their news and such censored and edited to match their thoughts. Amazing! Shallow & foolish.

Wish there was a place to get the truth - anyone got any suggestions for truth in news?

For the most impartial news reporting, believe it or not, Al Jazeera. They tell you what's happening, globally. What they don't tell you is their opinion about it. I like that. It reminds me if the Good Old Days of the BBC.

Diesel

WKR
Picked this up from another hunt site that was concerned with the US tech companies domination and invasion of privacy.

For those looking for FREE encrypted end to end email look at the Swiss company Protonmail. They have upgrades with more add ons for a fee or just to support their ops.

Qwant is a french company that is a search engine that doesn't track your searches. And does not sell you info.

Europe has higher privacy standards than the US.

peterk123

WKR
You do realize the company has rights and rules as well. It is not a one side conversation.
I agree but then they should not benefit from the special protections provide to them by this legislation. Like you implied, it is a two way street. I fully understand it is a private business and can set the rules. I have a big issue with providing them protective legislation though.

Riplip

WKR
I guess it’s ok for blm and antifa to organize their riots I mean mostly peaceful demonstrations on Twitter and Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no problem with anyone or any group organizing anything on Twitter, Facebook or Parlor, however when you incite violence, condone the destruction of property and openly threaten and condone murdering someone on social media you have crossed the line. I condemn and fully support the censorship of these people as there is simply no reason to allow this to occur. This includes BLM, Antifa, Trump supporters, Biden Supporters, Hunters or vegans, it doesn't matter and it shouldn't to anyone else either. It's not about what group you are part of and what your beliefs are its about being a good human being. I am not sure why it's so difficult to grasp.

zacattack

WKR
I have no problem with anyone or any group organizing anything on Twitter, Facebook or Parlor, however when you incite violence, condone the destruction of property and openly threaten and condone murdering someone on social media you have crossed the line. I condemn and fully support the censorship of these people as there is simply no reason to allow this to occur. This includes BLM, Antifa, Trump supporters, Biden Supporters, Hunters or vegans, it doesn't matter and it shouldn't to anyone else either. It's not about what group you are part of and what your beliefs are its about being a good human being. I am not sure why it's so difficult to grasp.
As I think everyone would condemn them from inciting or planning the violence. Problem is twitface let’s one group say anything and the other gets erased from existence and no one can really point to Trump inciting violence.

FLAK

WKR
I think there are times that Govt needs their cage rattled.
This was one of those times.
To shake out the turds. Apparently, many did not get the message however.
I do not believe anybody had to lose their life. It is awful, disgusting and repulsive.
But Democracy is not easy to keep and it's not the first or the last time blood has been shed for it.
I also find it repulsive that after a summer of violence, that NOW so many decide to be outraged.
And, BTW: screw Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon and Marriott and MSM.

Deleted it a long time ago. Never one missed it. It was kind of crazy me than one person called to ask if I was alright and worried I was depressed because I deleted my Facebook. Protonmail is fully encrypted and big on privacy.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

This is why you spend all your time working and hunting hard, no time for friends means no need for social media!

Deleted it over 5 years ago! It's worthless. I also ha e protonmail but haven't switched over completely yet. And use duckduckgo browser

Last edited:

BjornF16

WKR
This isn't a simple issue.

The fact of the matter is that the 1A (all the Bill of Rights for that matter) allegedly gives us protection of our rights against government restrictions. Private entities are free to restrict as they see fit (within the confines of other laws passed).

The larger issue is the Section 230 protections given to these SM and corporate entities as well as their anti-trust / anti-competitive actions. They have a free hand to dictate to us underlings what our correct thinking should be.

The correct and balanced response would be to leave those platforms and go to another platform without those restrictions...

...but they have effectively killed or stifled those other platforms as well.

If this was really about "safety" (I would note there is no constitutional right to "safety"), then Twitter, Apple, Google, and FB would be banning Antifa/BLM types as well (not to mention all the other libturds out there calling for violence).

But they haven't.

Banks have begun to shut down conservative PACs and politicians (in the news today). How long before they resume their attack on the gun industry?

So sure, sit by and let 1984 continue to evolve into reality.

So really our only recourse is to:
1. Lobby for removal of Section 230 protections for SM entities (good luck with that with Dem majorities in government)

2. Hit them in the pocket book as best we can, and support those platforms that actually allow a free discourse.

(diatribe over)

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
Why is Amazon all of a sudden bad?
What did I miss? Been staying away from news lately.
Amazon (Prime) is used extensively every week within my household. Amazon, Prime TV, Alexa, kids tablet, etc. Would be tough to get rid of it.
Amazon was suppling the servers PARLER was using as a website. Amazon decided to many conservatives were flocking to PARLER from twitter including Trump so they shut the servers down PARLER was using. Apple and google were also trying to shut PARLER down. Amazon succeeded.