Who is ready to DELETE Facebook?

Finch

WKR
Haven't been on Facebook 12 days. Not saying that as some great feat on my part... just saying. I deactivated in case I ever decided to go back but thinking about deleting it.

I did enjoy reading hunting articles that F&S, Outdoor Life, Meateater, etc would put out. Also, hunting companies mostly post updates on these platforms. I'll need to figure out something else there.

Guess I should also say that I took a break from Facebook as a New Years resolution. I'm coming to find out that I wasted a lot of time on there and it caused unnecessary stress believe it or not.

i have dodged that bullet. what i know about FB is all i need to know... the only way i would ever get a FB acct is if it was for work. i'm probably going to start guiding in the winters, so you need social media to stay competitive, but my wife will probably run it (her suggestion) and i'll probably let her.

i have no desire, i don't know what i'm missing, and i think that's a good thing

Haven't been on Facebook 12 days. Not saying that as some great feat on my part... just saying. I deactivated in case I ever decided to go back but thinking about deleting it.

I did enjoy reading hunting articles that F&S, Outdoor Life, Meateater, etc would put out. Also, hunting companies mostly post updates on these platforms. I'll need to figure out something else there.

Guess I should also say that I took a break from Facebook as a New Years resolution. I'm coming to find out that I wasted a lot of time on there and it caused unnecessary stress believe it or not.
FB is not real life.

brsnow

WKR
At some point Rokslide will be a target. Why, answer; because guns are talked about and used by it's members.

Think it thru.
I don’t see a connection between what caused trump to be banned and Parler, it had nothing to do with guns.

Stalker69

WKR
Most talk about it, but won’t delete it, it’s their fix, just like heroin or meth. Put it off till tomorrow, we’ll tomorrow never comes.

SouthPaw

WKR
Curious: Do some of you put LinkedIn in the same social media avoidance bucket as the other apps? Or keep it because a lot of folks now consider it a necessity or asset for business and career growth?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blackdawg

WKR
This isn't a simple issue.

The fact of the matter is that the 1A (all the Bill of Rights for that matter) allegedly gives us protection of our rights against government restrictions. Private entities are free to restrict as they see fit (within the confines of other laws passed).

The larger issue is the Section 230 protections given to these SM and corporate entities as well as their anti-trust / anti-competitive actions. They have a free hand to dictate to us underlings what our correct thinking should be.

The correct and balanced response would be to leave those platforms and go to another platform without those restrictions...

...but they have effectively killed or stifled those other platforms as well.

If this was really about "safety" (I would note there is no constitutional right to "safety"), then Twitter, Apple, Google, and FB would be banning Antifa/BLM types as well (not to mention all the other libturds out there calling for violence).

But they haven't.

Banks have begun to shut down conservative PACs and politicians (in the news today). How long before they resume their attack on the gun industry?

So sure, sit by and let 1984 continue to evolve into reality.

So really our only recourse is to:
1. Lobby for removal of Section 230 protections for SM entities (good luck with that with Dem majorities in government)

2. Hit them in the pocket book as best we can, and support those platforms that actually allow a free discourse.

(diatribe over)

Attacks begin next meeting of Congress, HR127 and HR130 look like it to me, I read the agenda on Congress.gov and some parts are scary to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
The left is using the event to justify these decisions. They are essentially erasing the ability of conservatives to communicate and hitting some pet issues along the way. Might get hard to talk about, or buy, guns via the internet.

peterk123

WKR