Who is shooting bowtech cpx/ cpxl?

vcb

WKR
In for a new bow this spring. Have been shooting my guardian since 07'. Depends upon what bowtech comes out with in January but really like the cpxl on paper. Longer ata, 340 ibo at almost 7" brace. Anybody shooting these rigs and likes vs. dislikes?

shaun

WKR
I have been shooting the cpx def a shooter looking to see what is released in January myself

I was going to buy one but after talking with a friend in the know, Bowtech will have a smooth drawing speed behemoth introduced after the new year faster than anything ou there so I am going to wait

jmez

WKR
I'm shooting the CPXL. Love the bow. Bowtech's best offering in quite some time. I wouldn't change anything about the bow and won't even be looking at the new ones this year.

Bow has a nice draw and transition into the valley. Nice valley, not an arm yanker. Holds very nice, a really stable shooting platform. It is a very easy bow to tune. I set the rest dead center and arrow level with Berger hole. A couple twists in the yokes and was shooting bullet holes with bare shafts. Didn't have to move anything when I shot fixed blade broadheads. The entire tuning process literally took 10 minutes. I'm shooting fixed blade heads out to 80 yards.

I didn't like the Octane strings that came on the bow. The serving was junk and they moved a couple of times in a short period. They also started fraying badly even with waxing.

slim9300

WKR
I'm shooting the CPXL. Love the bow. Bowtech's best offering in quite some time. I wouldn't change anything about the bow and won't even be looking at the new ones this year.

Bow has a nice draw and transition into the valley. Nice valley, not an arm yanker. Holds very nice, a really stable shooting platform.

I didn't like the Octane strings that came on the bow. The serving was junk and they moved a couple of times in a short period. They also started fraying badly even with waxing.

This. ^^^

Best bow I have owned. Crackers always builds my string and cables and tunes her up for me. As always he did a perfect job.

I own the new Insanity CPXL and absolutely love it. It is smooth, fast, and very forgiving. I have been able to take a really good bull elk and a whitetail buck with this bow so far, and I am very pleased.

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
Sweet. Thanks for the feedback. I think this bow is a great fit for me and is very much like the guardian ( center pivot, quad limbs) but much more. I will probably wait to see the new January bow but the cpxl is at the top of the list

xxxarcher

FNG
What is your draw length? If your over 29" I'd definitely suggest the CPXL if 29" or less the CPX would be my suggestion. The CPXL is larger feeling to me than what the specs are. I originally was thinking it would be the bow for me and at the last minute changed my mind and went with the CPX and glad I did. It holds like a rock and tuned out awesome. It's very forgiving for a 6" Bh. But the main thing for me that makes this bow work is the string angle is perfect for me at full draw it feels like a 35" ata bow toe when drawn. Good luck on your quest for a new bow! Dustin....

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
Thanks Dustin, I'm a 30 draw so I'm leaning toward the cpxl. Gonna wait until the 13 bow comes out though. Looked at Hoyt, Mathews and elite. I like the cpxl on PAper but have to shoot all before I throw down the cash. Probably going to set up the new bow with a trophy taker drop away, spott Hogg slider, b stinger stab and fuse quiver:)

J-Daddy

WKR
I haven't shot the Insanity, buddy of mine is a Bowtech junkie...He's owned an Assassin, couple Destroyer 340's and the Invasion. He was all jacked up when the Insanity came out and was dead set on getting one of them UNTIL he ran some arrows through it. He said there was no way he'd trade his D340 for one...To him the Insanity was his least favorite bow they've came out with the past few years. I've heard a lot of guys say they liked their Invasions or Destroyers a lot better than the Insanity. Personally I haven't spent any time with one so I can't say...I do like the looks of them though.

Slim Jim

WKR
I love my insanity cpx! I have only been shooting bows a couple years now and I'm shooting tighter groups at 80yrds than my old Hoyt at 50yrds. Not putting Hoyt down by any means. They make great bows but mine was eight years old. The Bowtech holds solid at full draw, very smooth and quiet. I can't wait to arrow my first mulie with it.