Who makes a 25 grain threaded insert weight for a black eagle insert

Looking to add 25 grains behind the standard 52 grain insert that comes with 250 spine black eagle rampages. Black eagle only makes 30 or 50. Gold Tip makes 10 or 20. The idea being I would like to be able to run a fixed blade 125 grain or 100 grain hybrids that I already own and have POI be the same.

I'd go with the 30 like suggested.

I dont know that I don't have something that would work tho, I'd need to check.

I currently have 100 and 125 gr broadheads in my quiver. I ain't worried about it til after 40 yards. At 60 it's about a yard and a half.

You're not going to notice a ±5 gr difference, but if you do want to hit 25 gr on the dot, use a 20 gr weight screw behind the insert and one of these up front, or cut/grind 5 gr off of a 30 gr weight screw.

Looking to add 25 grains behind the standard 52 grain insert that comes with 250 spine black eagle rampages. Black eagle only makes 30 or 50. Gold Tip makes 10 or 20. The idea being I would like to be able to run a fixed blade 125 grain or 100 grain hybrids that I already own and have POI be the same.
are you looking to swap out this weight depending on which broadhead you use??

Like other said, out to 40 yards, you won't notice a difference

OP
streetdoctor
are you looking to swap out this weight depending on which broadhead you use??

Like other said, out to 40 yards, you won't notice a difference

I'm looking to run them in a half a dozen arrows that I'll use 100gr hybrids on so they match the 125 fixed blades in my quiver as well. I understand up close there's no difference but I'm more interested in the 40+ yard range to be honest and my OCD. All of my hunting arrows are within 1-2 grains of each other.

During hunting season I usually keep a few fixed heads for 0-40 yards but I also like having a mechanical/hybrid or two for longer range or wind. Especially when hunting speed goats or mule deer. If I just run the 100 grain head my arrow speed will be over 300. I haven't tried it yet but I'm worried about tuning issues, even with the hybrid?

OP
streetdoctor
I might just run the day six wides with the 3/4" bleeder and they're supposedly 130 grain. Problem solved.

Fyi, the Rampage SS halfouts I have aren't threaded. They were for 300 spine tho, might be different. But I'd make sure yours are.

Edit:

So my SS halfouts aren't threaded, on the website it states they have weights that threaded into their halfouts for renegade/rampage shafts. They have 3 different halfout systems including the focus. I can't find where their standard halfouts state they accept weights. Also, mine are several years old now so it may be an older style before they started threading them.

I'd just check to make sure you do have a rear threaded halfout. Mine won't accept the 25 gr weights I have.

Last edited: